“Terrible, food terrible service best avoided terrible terrible terrible!!!!”

and 1 more site!
Rose and Crown Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Haverhill
Reviewed 28 February 2009

Will keep this brief i had the displeasure of going to this hotel for dinner with my partner and her parents. The food they served up in thier so called cavery was nothing short of awful i would not serve it to a pig. I was ill for 3 days after eating there. Th e so called chef was very rude towards my partner and was very arrogant. They promised my partner a phone call to apologise for thier chefs rudeness but we have still not heard a thing from them. Shocking!!!!!! I would not recommend this place to anyone not even my worst enemy.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Diggers1973

Reviewed 19 June 2008

Stayed there with my wife and kids when i went to my friends birthday party.

The staff were rude totally impolite. hotel was shabby.

During my stay my jacket went missing from my room management did not seem to care.

Avoid this hotel at all costs!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank LondonGeneral
Reviewed 26 March 2007

Set in peaceful surroundings in a pretty village of Haverhill and very easy access to Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds. Within walking distance of many resturants, fastfood shops, bakery, supermarkets, shops, etc.
The house is traditionally furnished and the astmosphere is very relaxed and friendly. It looks old but new painting inside. The restaurant and bar are on the ground floor (with a snooker table). All the bedrooms are on the upper level. The ensuite bedroom is very spacious with all facilties. We enjoyed the breakfast in the attractive dining room with comfortable lounge area. Good food, often featuring home produce. The staffs are friendly and helpful.
Although my skin was sensitive to the smell of new painting, for sure I will come and stay again!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank monni68
Reviewed 26 June 2006

When I read the last review, I was a bit nervous about booking into the Rose and Crown Hotel but thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised. I had booked in with my baby daughter for the night as I was visiting friends and family in Haverhill.

When I arrived, I went into reception where I was warmly greated by the new landlord and lady (they have been at the hotel for a couple of months now) and helped to my room. A cot was made available for my daughter but wasn't needed. The hotel room was very comfortable and adequately furnished (there is a programme of redecoration going on at the moment) and they made sure that I was located away from the bar so that the room was quieter. There is a choice of ensuite or not, depending on your budget.

The restaurant is excellent, I had a meal with my family in there and again, nothing was too much trouble. A baby seat was available and the food was superb and fantastic value for money. The chef certainly took pains to ensure that the presentation was second to none. Breakfast was included in the room rate too and again was substantial. Apparantly there is a Sunday carvery which is very popular.

Overall, an excellent place to base yourself in when visiting the area. A warm welcome was received and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank loulousmum
Reviewed 4 September 2005

My wife and i who are from Haverhill, were married on 3rd Sept , as a treat my Family booked us into the Rose and Crown Hotel,It boasts of a warm welcome and satelite tv in every room.................in reality it was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in.we had to battle our way through a hoards of drunks in the bar and then find our own way through the shabby hallways to our "warm welcoming room" ,there was no satelite tv ,no on suite, and the floor boards were jumping to the excrutiatingly loud beat of a private party down below. the furnishings were of the standard of a car boot sale.and the decoration, was the drabbest we have ever seen.when you stay at a hotel you expect it to at least match or exceed you own homes requirements.we tried to tell the receptionist/ manager that we could not stay there with all that noise, but as they were in a state of extreme intoxication ,they coudnt care less. we handed our keys and left before our wedding day was entirley ruined. so be warned it is not what it states on the advertisment. it is to be avoided at all costs.you would be better of in a tent.

14  Thank grandpoop
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverhill
1.6 km away
3 km away
The White Horse Inn
The White Horse Inn
#6 of 9 in Haverhill

Been to Rose and Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK