“Disappointing for breakfast”

Ranked #10 of 38 Restaurants in Swaffham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2017

A very nice ambience/surroundings but unfortunately our waitress had a very poor attitude; she completely failed to engage with us (group of 5 adults). She was in an almighty hurry even though we were the only customers. We went for breakfast at 9:15 but were told we wouldn't be able to get food until at least 9:45 so we reserved a table and went to Costa for a pre-breakfast coffee. There was no breakfast menu and our waitress just reeled off what was included in the full English then expected an immediate decision. I asked for one of everything having seen the photo on Trip Advisor but when my breakfast came there were still 2 of everything and the waitress just said "I know you asked for one but..." The bacon was hard and dry; served on cold plates and not very hot; my sister-in-law's fried eggs were over-cooked, even though she'd specifically asked for runny yolks. Very disappointed, particularly in view of the price (nearly £10 per head, even though we had one meat-free meal).

On the other hand, my parents have been for coffee and cake on many occasions and enjoyed it very much, which is why they were happy to go there for breakfast.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely food, only niggles were it's very overpriced I feel and the younger staff could have some customer service training as seem very rude and lack manners and a smile.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Popped in on spec - A brief visit to have a quick cup of tea - very friendly service - plenty of space outside to sit

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We haven't been here for quite a while - for two reasons -

First time i went in I was with 2 small kids. I asked for a small hot chocolate, it was for a very small child who would not have been able to drink an adult sized one. I was given a small hot chocolate (small tea cup size), it was nice, but I was charged adult price. When I queried that I was told that was the price, end of story.

Second time I was waiting outside to meet my other half to go in for drinks. Small child (potty training) needed to use the bathroom, so we went inside. Out of politeness I asked the lady who seemed to be in charge if we could use the bathroom (it's upstairs, you have to walk through to get to it). She basically said no!! Not in so few words but that was what she was saying. I literally had to explain to her that there would be a puddle on her floor if we didn't immediately go through and upstairs. I explained we were waiting to go in for drinks but was treated with suspicion, the experience was really unfriendly, humiliating for our child and not nice. Actually we didn't go in for drinks after that and have never been back since.

As said this is now a while ago so maybe it's changed attitude since then... However it totally put me off, although we visit Swaffham often we won't go back.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

My wife and I stopped in to the Market Cross for an afternoon cuppa, and found the restaurant nicely laid out and the staff pleasant. We had a very nice chamomile blend and some lattes. These were prepared well, and we had a leisurely drink to unwind before getting on with the shopping. The decor is fitting for the type eatery and the seating was comfortable. Outside seating was also on offer.