“The best breakfast in Biggleswade and good value for money.”

The New Inn Public House
Ranked #16 of 61 Restaurants in Biggleswade
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We had not been to the New Inn in Biggleswade for some time as they had stopped doing breakfast on a Saturday.

However, we found out they are doing breakfast again and we went in today to try it and it was very good. The young lady behind the bar took our order and brought our coffee to our table. Shortly afterwards, another young lady brought our eggs and buttered toast to our table and we went up to the hot plates and helped ourselves to bacon, sausages, fried bread, mushrooms, baked beans, tomatoes and hash browns.

All the food was hot and tasty and you can have as much as you like. I think it is good value for money at less than £6 per person.

We will definitely be returning. However, might I suggest that customers are allowed to butter their own toast, as they used to do when we previously visited?

14  Thank Sandygranny

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I wanted to re-review this pub's Saturday Breakfast as in recent months there has been new places opened up and I was not disappointed.

In my opinion the breakfast here at the New Inn on Saturday is best not only for Value for money but what it delivers also.

After ordering how many eggs I wanted once they were ready I was over to the hot plates to pick whatever I wanted from the choice of Bacon, Sausages, Bubble & Squeak, Beans, Mushrooms, Hash Browns, Black Pudding and Fried Bread.

I was very happy with the food and with a price of under £6 the price was great too.
If your hungry on a Saturday morning I suggest popping in.

2  Thank Barmy26
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Fantastic atmosphere. Great food. Helpful staff. And great value for money. We will spread the word about this venue. They have gained a new customer and deserve to obtain many more. Thoroughly recommended.

2  Thank Aladdinsane73
Reviewed 20 August 2017

All you can eat breakfast is decent value for money but some items can run out and can be slow to be replaced. Cooking of the bacon is varied from barely cooked to well overdone to make it impossible to cut. Bar staff are friendly but kitchen staff,especially one particular women is very rude if she brings your plate out and never acknowledges you even when you thank her.

1  Thank Grin64
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

First of all, the positives: wonderful beer selection, especially the Biggleswade Plum Porter. Not sure about serving pints in stemmed glasses though. The barmaid was charming, helpful and apologetic. There was plenty to apologise for.

The meal deals on the website don't exist. It's a selection of starters and pies. They didn't have the pie I chose, but the steak and cheese pie with gravy was lovely. The "gourmet" chips, were just chips really. But they only had two portions: there were four of us.

They didn't have any chipolatas. The Camembert came without bread. The sausage roll was meagre and promised with piccalilli, which they hadn't got. Really they need to go to the shops.

Nice decor, good location. Sort out the food!

2  Thank Keithrow