“Lovely village pub”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 28
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional English country Pub with Bar, restaurant, patio and garden areas along with separate self contained function room along with a private dining room/conference room.
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Great pub and good atmosphere. It is lovely food but drops a star because it is pricey, but worth paying the extra for a special occasion.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

We went to the White Horse in Southill tonite with another couple for the first time in years. The last time I was here was with the kids as they used to have a train in the garden.

Two had liver as bacon, one had chicken and I had steak and ale pie.

Although nothing was really wrong, it wasn’t that great for the money we paid (about £100 for the 4 of us)

The liver and bacon was a little tough, it had fat and gristle (never know liver to have these before!)

I had the Steak and Ale pie. The puff pastry had been cooked separately and placed on top. I asked for extra gravy as you normally need it, you didn’t. There wasn’t much meat but it was well cooked and not gristley.

Overall it was okay, but not great.

The puddings were nice but as normal expensive.

Overall we will not be rushing back as it really didn’t stand out, just average.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

A regular visitor to this establishment, and I cannot heap enough praise on the owners, you truly have a gold mine, exceptional food always, well mannered and efficient staff and a fantastic atmosphere I have yet to find a restaurant that serves a better steak!! My sincere thanks to the owners for continualy making me and my family feel comfortable and slways full, with the very best in catering finesse.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We always enjoy visiting this country pub so took some friends for lunch who had not been before.

We had booked a table so were seated straight away. Service was very good & the waitresses were friendly.

Food was really tasty, everyone enjoyed their chosen meals - sausage & mash, poachers chicken & then beef bourguignon & chicken madras from the specials menu.
Desserts were also very nice - toffee popcorn sundae, chocolate brownie sundae & chocolate molten cake/ice cream.

The food prices are reasonable & it is a lovely country pub to visit.
Sure we will be back again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Spent the afternoon here today with friends for lunch. Service was excellent, food was amazing. Good portions for all, served hot, no delays. We all had a great afternoon, adults and kids. Would highly recommend the Cajun grilled chicken, beautiful. We will definitely be returning again.