Hardly I’m the only one who doesn't enjoy flying, busing, baggage moving, etc.
Anissa Beach is one of those places which makes it all worth the effort... Pleasant correspondence to all expectations. Still it’s a pity there’s no magic button to be transferred at home in a minute so that traffic fatigue wouldn’t blur the phisycal sensation of your comfortable rest…
In brief: firm 4+ stars: good service (restaurant, cleaning, bar), large green territory, wide beach equipped with free sunbeds. Despite season’s peak & full hotel, there’s no crush – still free seats at the restaurants, sunbeds, enough free space. On the first day we looked out from our balcony and couldn’t even notice anyone!
Haven’t faced any negatives that could spoil your vacation. I would say some guests do not seem to feel shy smoking all over their own and neighbours’ kids whatever’s going on around: minidisco, sunbathing, breakfast time… In this case it is other people’s problem to keep the distance.
The bathroom has suddenly become tight when the 3 of us found ourselves there. Having babies consider Family room. No dietary food or so-called kid's buffet, still there’re so many families with little kids, that means, I guess, somehow they cope with it.
I would disagree with Anissa Beach & Candia Park comparison in one of the previous reviews: first of all, they belong to different price categories – 1 HB week at Candia’s more expensive (extra 400 euros per week) compared to ALL Superior Garden View Room at Anissa, secondly, Candia’s almost 3 times (!) further from the airport. Certainly both get their clients but personally I do not see any considerable reasons why busing almost 70 km on all those making you sick serpentine roads with kids (while as Anissa is just 23 km away), not to mention Candia’s unimpressive beach.
1. Deluxe Sea View room advantages: a remarkable sea view, top floor (no noise above), full minibar every day (including bottled water and beer while as there’s only ‘by glass’ bar service ). If you don’t bother about views, minibar, slippers, robes, there’re cheaper rooms.
2. Restaurant service: waiters bring all drinks not only at dinners but at breakfast as well and they do it rather quickly. Tables are cleaned and made ready for new guests immediately.
Tips are up to you: 2-3 different waiters may serve you at one meal, tables aren't fixed, once a week they change service zones. Well we’ve thanked a couple of waitresses anyway.
3. Food: fresh products, enough vegetables, fruit, garnishes, fish every day, liver, some seafood, desserts, ice-cream, traditional Greek dishes – salads, cheeses, snacks, hot and baked dishes. It is the first hotel where I wasn't afraid to try local salad and wasn't disappointed.
4. No fuss anywhere although the hotel is full. The only crowded place was the sea where enthusiasts were catching the right wave to jump on making an improvised row.
5. Lunch at La Veranda: nice break on an open terrace.
6. Good service presented by the hotel personnel : maids, reception, barmen, waiters.
7. Non-smoking zone at the main restaurant.
8. And, of course, sea and the beach – wide, enough sunbeds.
9. Greek dances on Sunday.
10. Early breakfast at the restaurant on the day of departure.
Apart from the hotel:
- We also enjoyed the climate – no suffocating heat or humidity, light breeze, 28-29 degrees. In the afternoon when the sun is hot we stayed in the conditioned room. No card is needed to keep it working – you can prepare your room for coming back from lunch.
- Aquarium in Hersonissos: the place is being run with much care and owner’s attention, very pleasant impression. You can print a discount coupon from the site in advance: http:// www.aquaworld-crete.com/indexen.html
Green iguanas’ breakfast and trained Octopus focus start at 10.30, come in advance.
1. Uncomfortable mattresses and separate beds.
2. Sometimes seedy towels and mouldy bathroom curtain.
1. Taverna’s not worth it. Anyway don't come by 19.45, come one hour later. Offered activities from 19.45 till 20.30: wine presentations (14-17 euros), bread biting. No non-smoking zone.
3. Minidisco is not there every day while as it is very much wanted. Considering that the majority stay with kids and grandsons, isn’t it logical to have a daily evening program for young guests at least in summer. It is more important than evening shows for adults as there are more alternatives for the grow ups.
Apart from the hotel:
- Hotel-airport transfer: we’ll take taxi next time to save 1.5 h which is spent on causing sickness roads and speed.
- Not impressed by local landscapes… However, we’ve changed our opinion after visiting Lasithi.
A piece of kind advice (you'll never get one of that sort from the travel agency) for tourists who plan bus excursions: don't take kids under 14 y.o. with you. My husband was horrified by the experience of other families … Only if it’s not a punishment for bad behavior. Kids have already gone through enough ordeal for the sake of our holidays: transportation, changes in parents mood, climate and food. Winding roads and low speed turned quiet a few kids and grown ups stomaches. No sickness bags available in the bus.
Take a car instead to make stops when needed or go separately so that one of you can stay with children at the hotel. Especially as because it’s such a pleasure to stay there!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Anissa Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anissa Beach Hotel Crete, Greece