“If you have 20€ go to another place.”
Review of Evelyn Beach Hotel

Evelyn Beach Hotel
Ranked #105 of 174 Hotels in Hersonissos
Reviewed 8 October 2016

1. You can not take drinks (coffee, water, juice) from the restaurant at dinner when you have HB and... the drinks were made from saltwater, they were horrible. And.. if you dare to take, you have to pay 1€ for the drink (100ml)
2. The garden view is to another house. It is not a garden! You can see to someone else home where the dogs bark and cats meow. There is nothing to do with garden!
3. There is no Wifi- if you pay for it 24h/3€ there is non, in your room nor in the balcany. You have to be in the hallway to get some connection.
4. The beach... oh my... You have to be there at 8 am to get a place, otherwhise you can take the sun from your room. BUT! There is a pool you can use FOR FREE! It is not the hotel's pool, but it is not far away!
5. The airconditioner does not work. They told us from the reception that the aircondition works from 7-11pm and 5-7am or something, but it did not work.. PS! You can not turn it on by yourself.
6. When people start to walk at the hallway (about 7-8am) you can not sleep anymore, the noise level is massive. People are opening and closing their doors with a bang, talk really loudly etc.
7. It is not deffinately a 4 star hotel!- If you want something nicer and better, pay 20€ more and you can get much better hotel for your holiday.

Room Tip: Maybe a room with a seaview are nicer
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank lallius1

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Was staying for a week at this hotel (23..30 aug). The hotel is operated by the most kind and friendly people I've ever met in my life, has excellent location (just exit the restaurant and you are facing the beach, and basically you're in the city center) and good choice of food, beverages and fresh fruit. Room service does the excellent job.

Beach-wise: I spent most of the time at the small "bay" which is located a bit further the road; the entry into the water is sandy and shallow and it gets nice waves if the wind is blowing.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Serj Z
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Spend a weekend at this hotel ( from 15.7 till 17.7 )
the location of the hotel is outstanding ! it is close to the city center. there is a bus stop to airport or other cities in a distance if 3 minutes walking. the staff were very kind, and helped us ( me and my father ) when we had any question.
we left the hotel very early 6 in the morning, the hotel staff prepared early breakfast for us to have.
rooms are okay, nothing special ( only the view of the balcony ).

the hotel have PAID wifi, and its hard to find free wifi around ( the only free wifi is only if you went to a restaurant and they offer their customers the password ).

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Ameer D
Reviewed 17 July 2016

This hotel was booked back in February we arrived late well after midnight on 30th June and stayed 12 nights. Upon arrival we were told that the type of room booked was unavailable and they had made an error, we were assured we would be moved after breakfast. Due to it being so late we did not argue the point. When we got to the room it was badly lit the shower disgraceful with mold everywhere, no balcony and a tiny window which when opened looked at an external wall within touching distance so no natural light at all. The air conditioning was not working and the room was nothing like the photos on the website or brochure. The next morning we went down and said we were told we would be moving room whereby the receptionist said no sorry no rooms are available it will be the next day. I was fuming we had been lied to and told them so, they didn't really care and said it was tough we had to stay in the room till the next day, promising the best room they had with a sea view which I didn't care about anyway I just wanted a balcony which had been booked. They said the room would be available the next day after 12.30 so had to wait around. So 2 days into our holiday wasted. The next day we got our room again the shower and bath not up to standard, the room poorly decorated with cheap old furniture and needing updating. The air conditioning only works between 4pm and 7pm so the rest of the time the heat in the room unbareable. The pool advertised actually belongs to golden beach hotel and is shared between 3 hotels, it's a small pool and no all inclusive facilities are available for evelyn beach there. The pool is small with very few sunloungers 20 at most. If you go to the beach advertised you will also pay for sunloungers and again no all inclusive available so you will need to walk back to the hotel each time you require a drink. Myself and my husband don't often drink alcohol and I went to the bar and asked for 2 bottles of water to be told no bottles of water were not all inclusive I can have a glass of water out of a juice machine. I have crohn's disease and so I was concerned drinking water out of a machine. A person can drink as much alcohol as they like yet not a bottle of water. Disgraceful. I ate 1 time at the hotel and nearly needed to be taken to hospital as they had put nuts in the food and there was no notice to say what the food was or ingredients, thank goodness I had my epipen with me .. do these people realise or care how nut allergies can kill someone. The food overall was sub standard and 1 time was enough. Our room was overlooking a bar and 1 night they began doing diy at 3.30am we could not close the doors to sleep due to the air conditioning being available only at certain hours. I gave up complaining as the staff certainly at the front desk couldn't be bothered. The maid was lovely and her and the barman the best 2 staff all the rest of the staff need to learn to smile or even say good morning. This is our 5th visit to hersonissis and we have always stayed at golden beach which is the sister hotel to evelyn beach...there is no comparison between the two. .golden beach is far superior and even that is not perfect. The day before leaving I requested to keep the room an extra 3 hours due to our flight times and was told no even after all the problems. The morning we left the hotel had prepared a disclaimer for me to sign that they had compensated me with a sea view room ...of course I refused as I never wanted a sea view anyway all I wanted was what I paid for originally and they had wasted over 2 days of my holiday and even though I had a Seaview room after those 2 days it was still below standard and nothing like what was advertised. This hotel is no more than a 2* at best. Dreadful service in a dreadful hotel by dreadful staff who couldn't care less.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Genise G
Reviewed 30 June 2016

I had a perfect time at Evelyn Beach Hotel. Surely i will choose it again. The food was very good,plenty. I really enjoyed the sunset view at the bar. Majestic. Every day room services were clearing the room. Also the other people from the first to the last were very kind,ready to assist if we wanted any help. Cheers.
Ah i forgot the 20 meters distanse to the sea.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hersonissos
0.1 km away
Glaros Beach Hotel
#74 of 174 in Hersonissos
57 km away
Bali Beach Hotel & Village

Been to Evelyn Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK