All reviews george maria greek dancing bbq night amazing hosts roof terrace other guests famous chicken mediterranean island intimate resort homemade wine george makes little bit of paradise peaceful location pool area weekly barbecue perfect holiday a short minute walk
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Kreta Natur is a very special place. It is quiet and secluded - so don't expect it to be very close to lots of restaurants and nightlife, although there's plenty of that a short drive, or taxi ride away. There are lovely sea views, although the nearest beach is about 10 or 15 minutes walk away. The rooms are spotlessly clean, and air-conditioned. They are reasonably spacious, and furnished in a rustic Cretan style. The self-catering facilities are basic, but adequate, although I wouldn't want to prepare a banquet on the single ring, toaster and kettle! The grounds and pool area are beautiful - well thought out, and with real personality. Those huge terracotta urns for the plants didn't come from the garden centre - they are the genuine article, that were once used to store local olive oil. The pool bar is pleasant and welcoming, the catering is perfectly nice, and the pool and plush sunbeds and shaded areas to sit are all very nice indeed. I'd recommend Maria's chicken one night - served on the roof terrace - if you can. And there is a superb barbecue one night - using the traditional wood fired oven, The food at the barbecue was marvellous and then there was the drinking and traditional dancing. Participation is pretty close to mandatory. But what makes this place is the people who run it - they cannot do enough to make you feel welcome and valued, and they encourage guests to come together, so a family run hotel really does feel like being part of a family. So,don't expect the facilities you might find in a high end resort, and don't expect to be in the middle of a buzzy resort. But do expect a very warm welcome, quiet comfort, and gorgeous natural surroundings. If there had been a coffee machine in the room, I'd have given it 6 out of 5.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have terraces. Upstairs rooms have balconies with a sea view. The upstairs rooms are rather more private.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank garethtroglodyte
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Just returned back from a lovely 10 days at Kreta Natur. George, Maria, Emma, Costas and (sorry) lady who cleans ensured we had a fabulous time. The Kreta Natur is the place to go if you like a little peace, quiet and above all relaxation. Nothing is too much trouble and you are made to feel part of the family instantly.

You can read the other reviews for what's out and about the resort but for our party of 8 family & friends, the Kreta Natur ticked all our boxes and much much more! better than those impersonal large all inclusives and I can see why so many people return time after time.

We were lucky enough to get 2 BBQ's in whilst there and OMG the food was excellent, as was the dancing, raki, more raki and did i say raki. You must also try Maria's chicken (although George is now promoted to top chicken boss as he cooked ours - lol Maria, told you)

We will definetly return again and a massive thank you to all for putting up with us, and for making us all and especially Layla (2.5 yrs old) feel so special...x x x Peter, Emily, Layla, Hannah, Alex, Chris, Julie & Sam

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank publicanpete
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I have just returned from a 10 day holiday at Kreta Natur. In tow was my husband, my 14yr old daughter and elderly mother in law. Overall, we really enjoyed ourselves, with a couple of niggles, which is why I couldn't give it a 5/5 rating. The pool area was beautifully clean, and the owners and staff were really friendly. It was about a 25 minute walk to the beach, which was quite pleasant. There were a few restaurants nearby but a further walk to others. Maria cooked us her famous chicken and potatoes one evening which was nice. This included a large Greek salad, banana cake and ice cream and a shot of raki to wash it down. As a family, we are fussy about the quality of sunbeds as we planned to spend a lot of our time on them during this holiday, and they didn't disappoint. The rooms were spacious and the air conditioning was very much welcomed. The old town of Hersonissos which is 10 euros each way by taxi is a must for an evening meal. Upon arrival, my mother in law who had booked her own room was not put in a room near us, so George and Maria ensured that she was moved to be right next door to us as soon as it was practicable. This was much appreciated. To my daughters delight there was free wifi too! The breakfast (which we paid extra for each day) was well presented and tasty. However, after 10 days of exactly the same food it became a bit monotonous to be honest and a little variation would have been appreciated. Emma, who served us breakfast everyday was lovely and was always smiling. However, our other little niggles included the fact that the apartments are situated directly under the flight path to Heraklion airport. This in the day didn't really bother us, but during the night, the aircraft noise became more obvious and woke me several times. We personally found the beds a little firm, but this is only a personal preference. We didn't get to experience the BBQ night due to the lack of interest with the guests who were there, and when there was a second chance, it happened to be arranged for our last evening, so in light of this we opted for a quiet meal and early night.
Despite this, we met some lovely people and had a lovely holiday. Would I recommend these apartments......yes I would.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank vicky186460
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Second time I've been here and I would go again and again. Worse, Maria, Emma and Costas are wonderful hosts and you're made to feel as though you're part of the family.

Strongly recommend Maria's chicken meal - the potatoes are to die for.

Walking distance to the beach with some lovely restaurants.

Highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Again another perfect holiday 4 years in a row we have come here ,
Lovely hosts George and Maria as well as Emma and Costa ,
Every thing is here for you or close by , it's the ultimate chill hotel , with lots to do close by , restaurants , beaches , etc ,
We hired a quad and spent a couple of days checking out the island .
My only concern now is that the secret is out this little gem is getting very popular and it's getting harder to book the rooms , so book early to avoid disappointment we will be back next year but probably in June for a change ,

Yamas