What makes the Kreta Natur so special is its amazing friendly atmosphere. I'm still trying to work out why this place has got it whereas so many places just don't. In part I think it's because with only 14 apartments everyone gets to know each other very easily. Also, maybe because most people have read TripAdvisor these days, they know what to expect before they get there and come prepared to be warm and friendly themselves. But lots of credit must also go Maria, George, Emma and George Jnr for the way they make everyone feel so comfortable and, well, happy!
As for the hotel itself, it's generally all pretty good - the grounds are very attractive and beautifully kept; the rooms are a good size, fairly basic but very clean; the range of bar food is fairly limited but the quality is excellent and the prices are reasonable. If I were to pick holes I would say that there aren't quite enough sun loungers, that the location isn't very convenient for eating out and that I would love for there to be draught beer at the bar instead of bottles.
The breakfast is worth a mention as it is very particular and has split opinion in our house. It consisted of a boiled egg, sausage, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, 2 types of cheese, yogurt with honey, jam, marmalade, banana bread and mountains of fruit and bread. The quality and quantity are very impressive and my wife loved it but, being more of a full English man myself, it wasn't really my cup of tea to be honest. If we were to go again I would maybe have it once or twice rather than every day.
One other thing which I've hardly seen mentioned at all is that it is right under the flight path for Heraklion Airport which is about 11 miles away. Personally I enjoyed watching them going over but I can imagine some people would be bothered by the noise.
As for the crickets, yes they are loud but who goes to a Mediterranean Island and doesn't expect to hear crickets?
I'm a little bit torn over my rating. I would probably give the hotel and facilities a 4, just missing out on a 5 for the reasons above. But as a holiday experience it was definitely a 5 largely thanks to the very pleasant company of all the lovely people we met (including the staff), so that's what I'll go with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the middle of pines and palm trees, among birds and butterflies, under the glowing Cretan sun and in perfect balance with nature, you can find Kreta Natur, a dollish complex of 14 studios. Relax, rejuvenate get drifted in memories and fall in love... while overlooking the Cretan sea from the comfortable seats of the pool or from the verandas of the studios. Wander around the traditional Mediterranean gardens surrounding the studios and admire the impressive stones and flowers from the Cretan earth while feeling again how it is to be.. in perfect balance with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Kreta Natur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kreta Natur Hotel Chersonisos
- Kreta Natur Crete, Greece