All reviews free bus time share full kitchen bed apartment a la carte restaurant shuttle service old village hire car mini market mattress topper cretan night snack bar local town on site shop welcome pack spa facilities bbc world news
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Came here for half term break with 4 young children we care for. I accept it was end of season but... day 1 children's pool 8"deep freezing cold and looks like a footwash prior to swimming in a public pool 5 y/o slipped over banged her head on the tiles(luckily not serious).the next size pool.(also freezing) is 1.3m deep. (3 children under 1.2m tall)and just learning to swim so not good. We then took them down to the indoor heated pool to be met with several glares from the staff at the massage centre .pool 1.4m deep took kids in 2 at a time .within 5 mins 3 members of staff came in 1 after the other and told us to be quiet with the splashing etc we promptly left the pool got dried and went to the park and the making room (shed in the corner) I took the youngest 2 inside only to have another member of staff come in within a couple of minutes and throw us out because it is closing. Kids club was a 5 minute cocktail game at 11 am.
We spent a lot of time in the room watching old dvd's on an old noisy dvd player on a smaller tv than at home sat on an uncomfortable bed settee .
The highlight for these children here was playing with the kittens in the garden. We checked out early and moved hotel GREAT FOR ADULTS NOT A FAMILY HOTEL!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Pavlos B, General Manager at Village Heights Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear robvivdevon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor following your recent visit with us.
It is regretful to see you have rated your overall stay so poorly. Please allow me to mention that we strive to provide first class customer care to make sure that all our guests leave us, feeling that they have received exceptional service.
I am sorry there were certain aspects of your stay that did not meet your satisfaction. With regards to the issues you describe I hope you will understand that the atmosphere in the spa indoor pool area should remain calm and relaxing and that our associates must follow the policies that are in place at all times.
Concerning the size of the TV, I would like to inform you that all our apartments come with a 40'' wide screen flat IP TV set.
I have however taken on board your comments regarding your overall experience and please rest assured that we are always working on all comments made as the comfort and enjoyment of our guests is of outmost importance to us.
Should you reconsider and decide to visit us again in the future we will be more than happy to have you with us and take the opportunity to reclaim your faith in our services.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Still at the hotel for 16 days now and wanting more....Booked another 2 and considering to stay even longer. On a scale from one to ten, comfort is 110, so is the value for money. The view is breathtaking, the surroundings are also. The hotel is on a hill, a property full of flowers and trees. A golf course, a spa with a heated swimming pool, a mini market, amazing cocktails in the bar served until 00:30 which is later that any other hotel I have been so far. The apartments are clean, fully equipped. The highlight is the bed. It is huge and so comfortable, it takes all your worries away instantly. I liked the room service also, had the club sandwich and pizza a couple of times and it was really great. Had lunch in the a la care restaurant and was very pleased also. Dinner is always themed as I understand correctly, I still haven’t had the chance to try it due to work schedule but I think I will have the chance tonight. I like the coffee from the bar, it is a strong and tasty blend. Staff is smiling all the time , always helpful. Will definitely recommend it to my friends. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Tamara M
Pavlos B, General Manager at Village Heights Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear Tamara M,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your wonderful comments.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the drinks from the bar, the food from the restaurant and the room service.
I am also delighted to read that you had a relaxing stay with us and that you found our beds so comfortable.
My team members and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We were extremely comfortable staying here at Village Heights. It's located about 30-40 minutes from Heraklion where we flew in. The roads are new and it was an enjoyable drive. We quickly learned that Grecians are proud people who are very knowledgable about their land and love talking about it. Our driver was informative and gave us a pleasant and interesting drive. The resort is set back from the road and nice and quiet. The rooms are set up like apartments complete with kitchen appliances and utensils. Our room overlooked the landscape out to the ocean. It was gorgeous and housekeeping did a great job of keeping the room clean. Not that a lot of time is spent in the room, but know that English speaking tv channels is limited to BBC news. And by channels, I mean just one. No worries, you'll get American news on BBC as well as around the world. The property was very well manicured with beautiful plants. We visited in October so we did not swim but the pool was very clean and still inviting even on the cooler days. The service was impeccable!!! Everyone was incredibly nice. The bartenders were the best! Every evening is a different themed buffet dinner with an additional restaurant upstairs that offers dinners off of the menu. Don't be surprised to see a cat or two politely seated under a table waiting for a morsel to drop. And most nights entertainment is in the lobby area and is most enjoyable. The resort is close to the town of Hersonissos and they provide shuttle service into this town just about every 90 minutes. It was easy to grab a cab back to the hotel once our day was done. The shuttle is the size of a Coach bus, it's huge and can accommodate many passengers and is extremely convenient. Oh, and it's prompt, if you miss a time, you'll need to wait until the next one. Our stay here was for 7 days in which during our stay we went to Santorini for 2 nights. We simply told the reception desk that we would be gone for a couple of nights with no problems. We pre-arranged on the day of arrival for a cab to pick us up on the day of departure. This will ease your mind if you do this. They are extremely dependable and the rate is fixed to the airport. If it didn't take 15 hours to get here from our home, I would make this an annual vacation destination. I highly recommend this resort and the staff was so warm and inviting, we simply loved it here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AliBug
Pavlos B, General Manager at Village Heights Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear AliBug,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive and detailed review on Tripadvisor following your visit with us.
I am delighted to read that your stay with us was such a memorable experience.
We greatly appreciate your support and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at the Spa. I had the Cretan Massage. Anna found the perfect balance to get rid of tension knots, while making the experience relaxing and energizing. My wife had a massage with her who managed to unlock her shoulder that had been stiff for a couple of years. Our boys also had a very nice chocolate massage (and yes with real chocolate :-)). I can only highly recommend the spa and it’s kind team to anyone who’s looking for pampering.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank marcelianb
Pavlos B, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Village Heights Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear marcelianb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor following your recent visit with us.
I am delighted to learn that you and your family had a wonderful and relaxing experience at the spa.
We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Just arrived back with my wife from Village Heights, 17th to 24th October. Had a wonderful vacation, loved the themed evening buffets, plenty of choice to suit even the fussiest of tastes. George and his staff were extremely polite and helpful, making the exoerience very personal, something which comes with the Greek way of life. The scenery is stunning, great views of the Aegean Sea. The mini golf was fun, the evening entertainment was also friendly. Complimentary shuttle bus into nearby Hersonnisos was relaxing and useful. Will definitely be back very soon.

Room Tip: This resort caters for everyone
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Pavlos B, General Manager at Village Heights Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Jason P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing feedback on Tripadvisor.
It always gives me great pleasure to read such positive comments and to know that our staff members have been able to exceed each and every expectation.
I would like to thank you for highly recommending us to the viewers and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon for another memorable experience.