“Excellent hotel with awesom food and great staff ...”

Hotel Holiday Resort
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Puri
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stayed in this hotel just for a day (and night) and was very much impressed by almost everything.
The view of the sea was good, the room was well furnished, clean and very well maintained. utmost care has been taken to make the guests feel very comfortable.
the facilities in the hotel like swimming pool, gym etc are good.
The food is very good and i loved all that we had ordered. the staff are also very courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: try for the sea facing rooms and in higher floors. View from the 2nd floor is partly obstructed by c...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ssmsom
A_Mohapatra, Manager at Hotel Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your review and are elated with your feedback.Hope you would visit us soon for more fun and excitement.

Toll Free: 1800-103-9007

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Holiday Resort

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I am a doctor by profession and have been to Puri by car with my family,more than 10 times in last 3-4 years and have stayed at different hotels at different times.
I have stayed at Hotel Holiday Resort on two occasions , last one was as recent as March 2012.

Location : Bit far from the famous Sri Jagannath Temple,and autos really charge Rs 80 ! By far I mean its NOT within walking distance to the temple. But since I have my car all the time,going to the temple is a non issue to me.
Rooms: Awesome,so far as view from window and upkeep is concerned,but cleaners sometimes have to be called.In another hotel in Puri,where we stay frequently,the cleaners does not need to be called for their service.They turn up every day without fail.Here,they have to be called.Also we overturned a glass bottle inadvertantly,and we had to keep on calling the reception and the room service to send somebody to clean the room because of number of glass pieces.Cleaner took ages to come,finally when he came and cleaned the room,there were still glass pieces here and there.I called the supervisor,who came ,saw the mess and scolded the cleaner a lot in front of us!
Food: Really really nice. My family ordered a mixed platter for breakfast,like puri sabzi,dosa,vada,chicken sandwich,egg and toast ! Everything was served together,neatly and promptly. For lunch we had sizzler,which tastewise was a bit Indianised,if you understand what I mean.But overall food is 5 star.
Staff courtesy and behavior: Extremely nice and cordial, except the silly cleaner and even sillier guard who sits outside at the parking lot. He never could arrange a parking space even when told to do so,when we were returning from the temple.

The only thing which I find is a bit objectionable is,the Hotel mostly caters to Office parties and marriage parties.I saw one office party on the lawn during my one stay,another time it was a marriage party on the lawn. Too many unknown faces in the hotel area during those times,too many outside people,too many cars in the parking lot with no space for parking for hotel guests,and also sometimes the rooms are booked by these marriage parties,for which we regular do no get good rooms.
Swimming pool : Nice well maintained pool,but Hotel authorities have no say regarding what kind of people get into the pool . I don't know whether outsiders get inside the pool,but I have noticed stupid people getting into the pool with their non-swimming clothes on...aaargh!! I hate it when people get inside swimming pool without proper attire on.I have complained to reception, but felt that reception is not very bothered. I did not use the spa here.
Car parking: Absolutely ok, and there is NO need for a shed , as someone has pointed out here.
Lastly I am unanimous with Mr Ananda Rajan, who has submitted a review here, about many things he has pointed out.
Otherwise excellent hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are sea facing.That is what I was told on the phone at the time of booking.It is absolutel...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
16  Thank Shourjendra D

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your feedback and reviewing us in detail,we appreciate your liking for our delicacies from the restaurant The gajapati .
Your suggestions are highly valued and we will look into it for quick improvement.

Toll Free : 1800-103-9007

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Let me break down this review under specific headings...
Initial Interaction and Booking: You can chat with the customer care person through their site! And then they call you and then...some confusion mainly because of the accent. But the sincerity shows, so that's fine. Their online booking system works well. Just make sure you pay Rs 400 to become the Privildege Card (PC) holder. That's what I did and got a cool 20% discount on the rate. They will send you the vouchers, etc via email. Make sure you carry along the soft copy of the PC. The accent came in the way again when I called up the toll-free number to confirm the pick-up. I: "So we well get the pick-up right?" Customer Care: "Yes, sir. The boss will be there." I: "I only want to know about the pick-up. Please confirm." Customer Care: "Yes sir, our boss will be there. Don't worry." I couldn't care less about his boss...I needed pick-up. After back and forth for a few more minutes, I figured that he wanted to say "bus", but said "boss". :-) How about some accent training?
Pickup and Check-in: We travelled by train and reached early in the morning. The free pick-up was arranged and there was a man with a placard of the hotel at the station and he guided us to the bus in the parking lot. Of course, we had to wait 10 mins or so for all other guests arriving by the same train to settle down before the bus left. Check-in, however, was the sore point. The reception had just two people and there were so many guests. And so it took them 30 minutes to complete the formalities! Also, the reception looks very shabby and run-down.
Room and Food: They score very high here. We took a cottage and it was clean and well-maintained. The bed was extremely comfy and there were enough lights in the room. So you could choose depending on your mood and requirement. (I hate gloomy rooms.) Add to it a large flat screen TV (my son loved it) and a powerful AC and you have all it takes for a relaxing break. The bathroom can be better though. It's small compared to the room. They should, however, maintain the lawns outside the rooms a little better. We stayed at cottage 104 and the small lawn outside often had dirty towels and sheets ... I guess they are stacked there for a while before being taken to the cleaners. Also, the guests in the next room kept their wet clothes to dry on the lawn. Please...ban such activities. Food was great...we always requested room service and service was prompt. So no complaints there.
Location: This is their USP. The property's on the beach. Just walk across the hotel lawn on to the beach. Though it's not their "private" beach, it's more private than some of the "private" beaches I have known.
Conveyance: Walk 2 minutes outside the hotel and then book an auto to go wherever you want to go. Those 2 mins make a big difference. For eg, the auto righ outside the hotel will charge Rs 80 to go to Swargadwar while the auto on the main road will charge around Rs 50.
Checkout: They made some mistakes in the bill - forgot the 20% discount in the food bill. But when I pointed it out, they made the changes after some deliberation. They seemed to have some disagreement among themselves, but finally settled it in my favour.
Overall, a good experience. There are a few areas of improvement...like cleanliness in the lawns, being strict about where to dry the clothes... Hoping for a better experience next time...and that next time will be very soon, I hope.

Room Tip: Stay at the cottage...and ask them to show a few bfore you pick one (if you are there during the off...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ananda_ranjan

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for the detailed review of each department ,we appreciate and take your suggestions into consideration and will look forward for its development.
Hope your next visit to our Hotel would be more pleasant with the new facilities for more fun and excitement with improved hospitality.

Toll Free : 1800-103-9007

Reviewed 4 May 2012

We checked in for a night stay in this hotel and had difficulties one after another. The AC stopped working and we had call over four times to get someone. They realized after 4 hours that they cant fix it so they asked us to change the room. The new room was smaller than what we had and AC flap was not working. We complaint and they offered us 2 more rooms wherein AC were not able to work properly again. In all this hassle our dinner time skipped and kitchen was closed. Somehow they got us the food which wasnt of good quality. We lost couple deodorants while changing our rooms. Overall we were not at all happy with there services where we paid 3200/- bucks for overnight. Thanks

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ravinder8585
A_Mohapatra, Manager at Hotel Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Dear Sir,

We apologize for the technical troubles during your stay.We have looked into the matter and have solved the problem with new machines .The rooms are perfectly checked for the best comfort.
Hope to have you on your next visit to our Hotel.

Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

the hotel is on the beach and view from room no.504 on third floor is panaromic.you cant get a room for 4 adults in 3000 rupees.though checkout time is 8 am but they give you 2 hrs extra and this is a bargain.sprawling lawn.swimming pools massage center .but they should provide a shed for our vehicles.i will visit again and again

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank nirantar

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your review,we appreciate your liking for the best valued room of our Hotel , family room.Hope your next visit to our Hotel would be more pleasant with the new developments for more fun and excitement.