- The hotel has a very nice view of the beach, it is clean and not crowded.
- The rooms are big and clean. We had a patio from which we could see the ocean.
- The days that we managed to order food from room service, it was good.
- The housekeeping was very inefficient. We had to call up several times to get one issue fixed. - Same with room service. The water heater provided in our room was very dirty and it stinked. We asked the housekeeping to clean it but it didn't help. So we had to order tea in morning and evening through room service. More than once I got the response 'use the water heater in the room, we cant send tea now'. Also, when we tried to order dinner using room service menu, the response most of the times was 'go
downstairs and eat the buffet'. Also, most of the items were not available from the room service menu.- There is no internet/wi-fi in the rooms. The hotel website http://www.thechariotpuri.com/ says "The entire hotel is WI - FI enabled to ensure your proper convenience and keeping all your requirements in m
ind.". Also, the huge booklet provided in the rooms says the wifi is provided for all guest rooms. But the truth is its enabled only in the hotel lobby.- We had a very bad experience with the cab that the hotel organised for our chilka trip. The driver was 1 hour late, he decided which jetty we will use to get the boat, which package we are going to buy and then took us to a very dirty place to eat. We wanted to go for the bird watching tour but he said there won't be time and bought the 3 hour dolphin ride, the boat was so slow it took forever to just reach the dolphin point. By then we realized that the driver is taking advantage of the fact that we don't know the local language, so for lunch we insisted that he take us to the tourism panthnivas, but he said
thats closed and instead took us to a very dirty and unhygienic dhaba. Complaining to the hotel desk didn't help, they just passed on the complaints to the travel desk.- The access road to the hotel is very bad. I had read this in other reviews as well but I thought it wouldn't be an issue since we would be spending most of the time on the beach and won't need to go to th
e main city much. But given the food availibity issues, we ended up going out for food most of the times which was really difficult.
Overall, I would recommend this place to people if you want to spend all the time in the beach for vacation and not very particular about the food. We were travelling with my old Dad and he had some food co
ntraints, so he can't just eat buffet or whatever the room service decided to cook that day. Also, would advice people to be careful with the cabs arranged by the hotel if you don't speak the local language
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of the Bay of Bengal and surrounded by the peaceful serenity and backwater, Aveda Chariot Resort and Spa is a unique place where you find absolute bliss! Spanning across 3.5 acres, Aveda Chariot Resort & Spa has a total of 144 rooms including The Deluxe Suite, Platinum Suites, Executive Classic, Premium Room & Deluxe Rooms. The resort is well connected to Puri city centre (7 kms from the railway station and 3 kms from the main market) and is 65 kms away from the international airport located at Bhubaneswar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ClearTrip, Fastbooking, Expedia, TravelGuru, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Chariot Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chariot Resort & Spa Puri, Odisha