All reviewssea facingsea beachattached balconystayed there for daysone wordfood qualityhotel is locatedhospitalityautoscommutepocketfoods
Reviewed 17 March 2016

The Location is perfect,right on the beach. But seems the support staff is least bothered to do their jobs. The Manager (so called) was lazy enough to leave his chair. 2 days to get the Toilet, walls cleaned, with repeated followup. AC was bad with No Cooling, inspite of reporting it to Manager no action was taken. Seeing Kitchen one would avoid any food. Found small ants in the Dal.
They charged Rs.400 for Railway station to Hotel Transfer, which was too high, considering the distance (instead of sending a Car, they sent the Mahindra Maxximo)
This Hotel requires special focus by its owners, both for Services & cleanliness, else will be left out

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank mailmanishgupta2016
AnanyoRoy, Owner at Hotel Golden Dust, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you for your kind comments on this recent stay.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, facilities, our team and their service levels were so helpful and happy. Thank you for sharing.

I hope we have the pleasure to see you back again soon, If I can be of personal service at any time, please let me know.

Reviewed 26 February 2016

I am Arnab Das, an awesome hotel with excellent position on the heart of the sea beach. All staffs nature are very friendly side by side they are very helpful. They really took a very good care of their individual guest. Hotel Golden dust located away from the main city, this hotel has easy access to the beach. not very crowded which gives ample room for privacy. indoor restaurant was also nice. staff was very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: March 2015

Reviewed 13 January 2016

located away from the main city, this hotel has easy access to the beach. not very crowded which gives ample room for privacy. the roof top restaurant was brilliant. indoor restaurant was also nice. staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Asmita1592

Reviewed 8 December 2015

Hotel Golden dust is a quaint hotel far away from the hustle & bustle of Puri sea side. In fact, we couldn't locate the hotel when we reached there, as the hotel name was not well lit. We stayed at a room on the first floor. As many of you have mentioned, the rooms are quite basic with not many frills. Most of the rooms are not sea facing, even though the hotel is right in front of the beach, which by the way is a treat. We found the bed linens and towel dirty when we reached there. The hotel staff were prompt in replacing them when we told them to. The hotel rooms don't have geysers attached. So one has to ask the front desk to get you the hot water. I was very glad that hotel staff provided hot water even at 4 AM. Hotel being away from the main parts of the city require either autos or rikshaw for commute, which may cost you from Rs 80 to 150. The hotel desk was very helpful in hailing Autos for my trips to the Railway station and arranging car for my trip to Konark. Finally, the thing that most impressed me was that, when I forgot my Driving license at the hotel, they called me saying that they would courier my license back to me. There were small niggles like the linens being dirty or the fan's regulator not working. But these small niggles were trumped by the hospitality shown by the courteous staff of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gorgeouzmale

Reviewed 12 November 2015

I travelled with my family on 10 november 2015 for 3 nights with my family. The first thing i would like to mention is the prime location just right next to the beach.Check-in was hassle fre,manager was nice and sober.We booked one a.c room and it was at par my expectation as I looked in the website,staffs were helpful and never said no to anything.Service was good,restaurant has full sea view,you can enjoy tasty sea food jus by admiring the beauty of the sea. My room had an attached balcony all rooms have same feature and it had a good side view of the sea.Overall my trip was memorable as i felt that i was at home,never we felt that we are here at an unknown place for the first time...manager guided us all the places to visit and arranged all the trips and that was nice. overall the service ,location and personal attention to each and individuall guest was the main thing.We would surely reccommend this hotel if you like to take a break and enjoy the natures beauty like sunrise from the sea shore.I felt that the beach was mine as the experiance was like a private beach,they provided umbrellas and chairs each time we went to the beach. Thanks golden dust for this amazing holiday.

Room Tip: Best views are from all a.c rooms and suite room,also the roof has exceptional view
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family