“my holiday in shillong”
Review of Ashutosh Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shillong
Ashutosh Inn
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Shillong
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I was thinking where I could spent my holiday. My eyes caught in shillong “the abode of clouds” as its well known. I was keeping to my self that this time my trip gonna be awesome and I couldn’t wait for my holidays to start. As I was trying to search for a hotel for my stay in shillong I found Ashutosh Inn which offered me all my needs and I did my booking then and there.
I landed in shillong on the 8th of April. I went straight to the hotel and it was not a difficult task for me to find the hotel since the hotel lies in G.S road in Police Bazaar. The room was all set for me and I was quite amazed the way they maintained the hotel. The rooms are cozy and have a typical english wooden fill.since I was looking forward for some kind like this. The wood works of the hotel suited very much to the place like shillong and this brings out the naturalistic looks. The overall interior designing was perfect I sould say.
The restaurant offered a mouth watering dishes which you never want to resist. As I came there to have some good time I went to a club and it was pretty good. I went for some seight seeing and I really enjoyed seeing natures beauty. The hotel has a free internet services so I mail my friends and family everyday that was so much fun to do. I enjoyed the whole stayed in shillong and that was an amazing experience of the North East. I am still looking forward for my next visit. Last but not the least I would like to thanked Ashutosh Inn for the comfortable accommodation.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank ravidasti_222

Reviewed 17 March 2011

The cost is less, the comfort is ok. The hotel says they have got kitchen facilities. When I asked for breakfast they said their cook is on leave for 3 days and even getting a tea was difficult. They do not clean their rooms if the guest has occupied it. They only clean the rooms after the guest vacates. Bathrooms are pathetic. Their official website shows a rosy picture. On seeing the photos I checked into the hotel, but it was no where near to the photos shown on the website.

The staff however are very courteous and helpful. The manager especially is very friendly and helpful. That does not serve for the hotel to get the full grade. There needs to be a lot of improvement. The hotel is ok if you are staying for a day or two and are looking for cost effective place.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
9  Thank Krish1875
Reviewed 25 November 2010

I made a booking thru phone and deposited Rs.3000 for two super deluxe rooms (1500/- apiece) The photos and reviews on the net looked very appealing. But when we arrived, we found the room to be very small and with two kids per family, it was impossible to sleep on the small bed. When I asked them if it was the double delux room they had claimed while booking - they insisted it was a delux room. Then I asked them to show a normal room - after much persuasion and reluctance they showed me one which was exactly like the rooms they had given to me. When I asked them what the difference was - they shamelessly stated that the same room is called Double room and semi-delux room. When I confronted them with their rate list which stated no such room as semi-delux they insisted that this was the room - take it or leave it. We had no choice at it was late night and we had to take another room so that the children could sleep comfortably.
Another thing is that none of the facilities stated on the website are available in the rooms. The website stated mini-fridge in delux room - no such thing !
Asked for Internet Accesss - you will have to go to the nearby internet cafe sir - but it will be closed by now. But you have shown it to be available in every room on your website ? - we dont know anything about the web-site sir !
Restaurant ? The cook is on leave and the restaurant is closed.
We spent the night and checked out early in the morning.
Small or cramped is one thing Ashutosh Inn is a big cheaterl. Go to this hotel only if it is the last hotel in Shillong.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
13  Thank Sharma_Surat
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We (me and my husband) were planning for a 2day's trip to Shillong- Cherrapunji. We left Guwahati in our own car for Shillong at 6pm on 30th July, 2010. My husband had contacted many hotels in Shillong, unfortunately, not a single room was vacant in any hotel, however, this did not stop us from going to Shillong. Half-way my husband gave a call to this hotel (Ashutosh Inn),as he told that we might get a room there, and by God's grace we got a room and he booked straightaway. I had a doubt as to what kind of hotel that would be and what kind of service are they offering, still we had no option left, so had to go there.We reached Shillong at 9 pm, totally tired and stressed out. This hotel was in G.S. Road, Police Bazar. Upon having a first look at the hotel, it looked very small,however, there goes a proverb that, 'A book should never be judged by its cover', same is the case here. As we got in through the stairs I was amazed by the hotel's ambience. We had a word with the receptionist who was very nice and helpful. Upon saying our names he wrote it down on the register and immediately handed the room key to us as on phone my husband had already booked that room. We were fortunate enough as that was the last room vacant in that hotel, as it was dpeak time (Monsoon Season). The tariff was 1025 rs per night, however, we got a discount and ultimately we paid 850 rs per night which was very much affordable. The room where we had put up was very beautiful, though it was not a very large room. Facilities were there like, cozy bed, TV, Washroom with hot and cold water, Wardrobe etc. The room and washroom
was very clean. Unfortunately, this hotel had no car parking, rest everything was good about this hotel.
We ordered for dinner in that hotel itself, and must say, the food was very good.
We had breakfast and dinner in that hotel. We skipped lunch as we went to Cherrapunji, so we had our lunch there in Cherrapunji. The staff were very helpful and we actually felt as if we were in our home. It is their friendly nature and hospitality that made our stay in Ashutosh Inn so pleasant. I will definetly recommend this place to all. If you are looking for a great place to stay within your budget, then this place is worth staying. Thank you very much for making our stay so pleasant and so exciting...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Mon_28
Reviewed 30 July 2010

The hotel is located in the central part of Shillong and is surrounded by shopping malls. Very Convenient for sight seeing. Plenty of attractions around the city.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple