1. Rooms - opt for new ones. All new ones are well-appointed. Possibly the only difference between pool side Villa and Room is of ceiling height. All new rooms have an AC, refrigerator, TV and outdoor seating.
2. Food - Freshly made, lot of variety and not repeated. Don't expect 5-star like buffet experience but the staff is very sincere. Thalis are very good, especially for Gujaratis. They have room service too and a decent range of fast food, munchings and main course items.
3. Activities - Pool is decent and so is the baddy court. Other stuff like TT and pool are poorly maintained. There's carrom too and housie and juggler on weekends.
They provide Baddy and cricket bat. There's a decent library too.
4. Monkeys - are all over the place. At times in the pool too if empty :-(
5. WiFi is available only near reception.
6. Liquor - The hotel doesn't serve but you can get your own stuff. There's Pramod Bar in the market too that has the basic stuff. Room has good refrigerator and ice, etc
Most hotels in Matheran aren't too well-maintained and posh. So Regal does offer a reasonably good experience!More