All reviews culinary skills bunk beds positive vibrations accomplished chef real beauty of nature clean and tidy rooms long weekend delicious home cooked food home away from home hospitable hosts local dishes outside world lovely son memorable stay both veg and non veg home stay city life
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

This being my first in home stay concept was little sceptical before I checked in but my fears were allayed immediately on arrival by the warmth of the couple Thimiah and Sangeetha.
This place is about 23km from medikeri center,20km to thalakaveri,70 km to Dubare,Bylapee etc.
Though I had taken my vehicle,I decided to take a local cab for the entire day,who charged me 3500.
About the place,is located amongst still preserved forest cover,with a pristine stream and a meadow to cap it up.
The rooms are spacious but with just basic furniture like cots and corner table. Don't expect TV, fridge,microwave,geyser,chairs or even instant coffee/ Tea for that matter. Hot water is supplied through common boilers and started on request. Initially this was a shocker to me used to living in pampered hotels,however I never really missed any of these through out my stay. The hosts were always there to cater to any of the needs and were genuinely caring towards my elderly mom and in laws. Our room had a double cot and a bunk bed. Though the bunk bed is good for adults but not suitable for grown up as the upper cot height is short and you are bound to bang your head if your not careful especially I when getting up from sleep.
The place is so serene and quiet that I never realised that a world existed outside the cacophony of a city life. I used to hangout at a sheltered sit out in the garden and enjoy the solitude in morning drizzles and nature's noises.
There is quite a collection of books for avid readers. For those good talkers you have Mrs Sangeetha who will put you at ease instantly and the relatively less talking but proactive Mr.Thimmiah. The couple's son Master Somu,is so adorable and can charm his way through with anyone.
I had requested for local flavours for lunch and dinner and so was I served kodagu quisine which was typical and relishing. For 300rs/head,you get rice,chapatti,one veg,one non veg,curry/sambar and curd. The breakfast is complimentary with one variety local menu and bread.

Overall,it was one of a kind experience and I'm not complaining . It is purely for nature enthusiast and for those looking for serenity among woods. Definitely not for party animals or luxury.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sangeethimmaiah, Owner at Vrindavan Sangeeth Farms, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Dear Ranjit,

Thank you for making time to write this beautiful elaborate feedback, it was our pleasure hosting you and your lovely family, I personally enjoyed the company of your mom and our conversations about life, photography and more. You have a loving family, God bless you all and thank you for choosing to stay with us. Hope to see you all again at our place.

Sangeetha

Reviewed 9 August 2016

If you are looking for a place to recharge the batteries of the soul, a quiet commune with nature and loving people who take fabulous care of you, but also give you space to do your own thing, Vrindavan Sangeeth Farms is the place for you. This is a pristine part of nature even within coorg where many trees and birds are seen which are otherwise consumed in estates. There's a stream flowing below and nature all around for those who would like to venture around. My mother (who is in her 70s) also enjoyed herself thoroughly and had a great time with the family (Vinay and Sangeetha), and especially their kid Somu who is a precocious reader and an extremely cool young man. Vinay is a highly accomplished chef and one discovers specialties of local and global cuisines. Highly recommended getaway from the chaos of the urban jungle and artificial lives - they open their home and hearts to "guests" most of whom do not go back as guests, but as friends.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Sangeethimmaiah, Owner at Vrindavan Sangeeth Farms, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear Prashanth,

Thank you so much for making time to write this beautiful and touching review ! We thoroughly enjoyed hosting you folks and your mom whose company all of us enjoyed. We are glad you had a good time at our place. We look forward to hosting you again, please do come back for a longer stay which will not only rejuvenate your soul but will also give us an excuse to spend time with all of you again.

Sangeetha, Vinay & our little boy Somu

Reviewed 11 July 2016

If you are the kind of person looking for some quiet (and charming company), Vinay and Sangeetha’s Vrindavan Sangeeth Farms is the place to go. My friends, our kids and I packed our bags for a good 5 days and we were welcomed and hosted warmly (and entertained thoroughly) by the hosts.

As we entered Vrindavan, it struck me that I had never seen anything like it before. It’s not your traditional homestay and yet, it is. Their home, which also includes a neat row of guest rooms, fits so perfectly into the setting i.e. the forest, the earth and the sky. The house is designed in a such a way that the guests have privacy and yet, you are part of their home. The long bench outside the guest rooms runs the full length of the property. We didn’t have to fight for space on the benches, as me and my friends sat for hours and read books like we had exams to pass. Picture this. Three adults, engrossed in books (or the Kindle) and emerging only when we are greeted by our amused hosts, or their food or disturbed by our kids. This will be my favourite place in the property; the bench, where you can stretch and still accommodate a lot more people.

Our rooms were neat with the most comfortable, 5-star mattress (on the queen-sized bed). Hold on! There is space for the kids too. Every room has a bunk bed for 2 kids where me and my daughter slept :). The rooms have attached bathrooms which have state-of-the-art shower system. I spent some time in the bath experiencing rain and waterfall. I prefer to take a cool bath in Coorg but if you want hot water, you just have to tell.

Then, there’s a kids play-area overlooking the rooms, where we lost our kids for sometime every day. It includes a slide, sea-saw and a couple of swings. Swings! Only during vacations do you get to sit on one of ‘em and reminisce your childhood days! The kids were also amply entertained by the little host, Somu, who is the most delightful boy you will ever meet and you’ll leave wondering, “is this a child?”. Somu kept us and our kids engaged and is also the most interesting local guide that you can find.

They also have several fruit-bearing trees in the property and a cute little vegetable patch which served much of our yummy food. Sigh! The food is something to talk about. Vinay is a chef and so, he can prepare anything ordinary and it’ll turn out great. He made the most delicious soups, chaat, custard (the recipe which is still a secret), alu paratha and other local dishes. Every meal was scrumptious and the spread on the table was very satisfying. Don’t expect to lose a few pounds there. The dining table is a piece a art. It’ll remind you of where you are i.e. in the midst of nature.

Even our cars were cared for. There is plenty of parking space and it even has shelter!

Walking around the property won’t feel like an exercise as everything is natural. We found a gurgling stream to dip our feet into, a pond to throw stones into, and the forest to have an adventure in. We also ventured out to the Cherumbane market and found a post office, liquor shop, vegetable and fruit stalls and a few stores for everyday things.

Around Cherumbane, there are plenty of places to visit. Personally, I don’t want to go anywhere when I am in Vrindavan Sangeeth Farms.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Sangeethimmaiah, Owner at Vrindavan Sangeeth Farms, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Dear Divya,

It was lovely hosting you and your family and we thoroughly enjoyed our time with you folks. We look forward to seeing you again at our home. Thank you so much for making time to write an elaborate review. We are touched !

Sangi, Vinay & Somu.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Vrindavan Sangeeth Farms was a place recommended to me by a friend and I decided to check it out along with two of my friends. Little did I expect that what I'd thought to be a fun weekend trip would mean so much more. The place is a dream house built with so much love you can feel the beautiful energies everywhere. The couple Sangeeta Vijay and their son Somu welcome you with open arms and hearts and share their house and heart so graciously. We were thoroughly pampered with wonderful home cooked food, great stories and lots of personal time including walks across coffee plantations. That holiday for me filled my heart with much joy and love and they now remain an integral part of my extended family. It would feel like going back home and I look forward to it. Don't think twice about this place over any other place there's just no comparison. Great rooms great people great food and lots of love. These guys pour their soul into everything and you won't meet anybody who's more positive about life than these guys.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Ajita,

It was lovely hosting you and your friends at our home, we look forward to hosting you again. Thank you so much for making time to write your feedback.

Sangeetha, Vinay & Somu

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Really wonderful place with really nice and hospitable hosts. The room was spacious and very clean with all the amenities possible. The food they prepared was traditional coorgi food and we enjoyed every bit of it. I would definitely go back to the place.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Galston,

It was lovely hosting you at our place and we look forward to your visit again. Thank you for making time to write your review.

Sangeetha, Thimmaiah & Somu