“11th Time Visit & Still love every bit of it”
Review of Kabbe Holidays

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coorg
Kabbe Holidays
Ranked #19 of 508 Speciality Lodging in Coorg
Bengaluru, India
“11th Time Visit & Still love every bit of it”
Reviewed 7 October 2015

This is the 11th time that I have visited Kabbe Holidays from the time I discovered this wonderful place.

Nothing has changed, infact everytime i end up here I feel like I am visiting my relative.

The place, roooms, service, food, hosts, nature and everything about this place will mesmerise you.

Cheluvara falls is at its prime , so must visit the falls for a great view and must trek up the Kabbe Hills for a unbelievable view from the top and the fresh breeze that hits your face when you stand at the edge of the rock on top of the mountain.

I have visited this 3 times just this year! been with colleagues in July 15 and last week with my best friends for a birthday celabration weekend.

Room Tip: Choose any rooms, the view from the cottage rooms or the deluxe rooms are still great
  • Stayed September 2015, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amithkumarr
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 1 October 2015

Had a great experience at Kabbe Holidays .Relaxing,Beautiful weather,nice view from the rooms. Food was excellent. Vidya aunty and Dilip uncle were very warm and friendly.Overall a lovely Place to stay.

• Stayed September 2015, travelled with family
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Dilip and Vidya were the perfect Hosts and it was a pleasure to stay at Kabbe Home Stay . The view from the cottage was blissful and we cam back to Bangalore Refreshed .The Food was yummy and the cottage clean . They only hiccup we had was low availability of Hot Water . Nevertheless I would highly recommended this place for a family holiday.

• Stayed September 2015, travelled with family
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 11 August 2015

recently we visited coorg, we were three couples and decided to stay in Kabbe Holidays and was a nice decision. Owner Mr Dilip & Mrs Vidhya are well educated and decent people. they will personally take care of urs and will help in many ways by going beyond agreed terms.

The location where it is situated is awesome. The sight seeing from the resort is very nice.

• Stayed August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2015

A great place, if a bit off the beaten path. I've been to a few homestays, but this has been one of the better experiences I've had. Mostly thanks to our host Dilip, and attentive service from the staff.

First off, this is a homestay, so please don't expect 24-hour room service or complain if the crickets are too loud. Think of it as visiting your friend's home and show them the same respect that they show you.

That said, Kabbe is tucked away in a beautiful corner of Coorg. The rooms themselves are thoughtfully designed with wide windows and good lighting. They are very clean and well maintained (bathrooms included), and have a porch where you can sit with a book, sipping Bella Kapi.

I was there with 2 friends just to relax and laze around, and relax I did. Scrabble, reading, sitting around taking in the sounds. A couple of times I took off to the nearby hills for a run (I didn't have shoes, and Dilip generously offered me his). They are absolutely beautiful, and you can see for miles when the capricious clouds vanish, if just for a couple of minutes. If you have a sleeping bag and the weather permits, I could imagine sleeping under the stars here.

The food was consistently great. Among other stuff, we had akki roti, different types of chicken, bamboo, veggies, chutneys, raithas, home-made jam, dosa, ghee rice, channa, payasa (kheer), and bread pudding.

Tying it all together was our host himself, Dilip. Always friendly and up for a chat, he would join us for meals and coffee when he wasn't busy taking care of estate work. It was a pleasure talking to him and hearing his stories. He is warm without being intrusive and really made us feel comfortable and welcome.

All in all, these are the kind of places that I've always remembered, where the host has a story, a life, and is sharing a bit of that with you.

Stayed July 2015