“Kabbe is the place to be in Coorg!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kabbe Holidays

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coorg
Kabbe Holidays
Ranked #13 of 444 Speciality Lodging in Coorg
Petaluma, California
“Kabbe is the place to be in Coorg!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

We were searching for good homestays in coorg and found out about Kabbe Holidays while browsing trip advisor! It came recommended so we decided to try it...and we weren't disappointed at all. We had reserved the 'luxury room' for the 3 of us (Mom-in-law, wife and me) as the cottages were not available due to rush of long holiday weekend. We arrived there in pouring rain and found Dilip (our host) waiting for us in his SUV half up to Kabbe. He offered to take us up in his SUV since the rest of the road was not motorable (adivce others to NOT take their sedans as the road is not good for low ground clearance vehicles).

Kabbe is located in very scenic location and Dilpi is very nice and warm host. The rooms were good (bathroom was clean) though I suspect the villas were better. One of the best things about Kabbe was the food! I'm a punjabi (and not a foodie!), but still enjoyed the homemade food prep'ed by Dilips cooks. They had been taught well by his wife!

We had decided to stays for 3 days, however had to cut short our trip to 2 days due to incessant rains. Dilpi was very accomodating to any request by the guests, be it taking you to the Chelavara waterfalls or trekking up to Kabbe point (even in rain!).

Overall, I recommend Kabbe Holidays for ppl going to Coorg.

Room Tip: Take the independent villas. Do not go in a sedan, only SUVs can reach the last stretch. Take a cab...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank MandeepSandhu
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Mumbai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

Awsome..Serene…Excellent…Paradise…That’s it? Is that all what we can say about this place?? Definitely No Because these words just cannot describe what our eyes see, our heart experiences and our soul lives through..Friends, I am not a travel enthusiast.. It’s the last thing I prefer to do..It took my wife days to make my mind up, drag me, beg me, convince me, sentimentally ablaze me for this trip to Kabbe and we landed there just when the rains had set in..I was a bit irritated as to me the next four days looked like a confinement in a room due to heavy rains but I had least idea of what I was about to experience in those upcoming four days stay..It started with a very warm and friendly welcome given to us by the host, Uncle Dilip, whom we call the King of Kabbe now, which actually took off our major travel fatigue. When I entered the room I was amazed to see how the smallest of the requirements of the guests would be kept in mind by the host..clean rooms with all the necessary stuff that you might ever need in a day to make your stay absolutely comfortable..Then came in Jaya, the cook, who served us with truly magnificent home-made Coorgian food which I least expected in a speciality lodging..Jaya my mouth still fills with water as I write this review..The next morning when my wife drew the curtains, we got the most spectacular view from our bedroom which actually statued me..chirping of birds, gentle sound of the flowing water and a view of a distant waterfall amidst lush green valley..It made me so proud that I reside in a country that has such beautiful places like Kabbe..I kept on clicking pictures on every turn that I made..but soon realized that it’s a futile exercise as I would never be able to capture this endless beauty of mother nature..what you see with your bare eyes is so beautiful that the pictures doesn’t match it at all..Be it a trek to hills, or a drive to water falls or a walk to Coffee estate..every single moment was filled with excitement..After we left Kabbe, we went to another place in Ooty which was managed by a very big hospitality group but it matched no where to the standards of hospitality that we had just experienced at Kabbe holidays..It so emphatically proved that you don’t have to be a 100 million dollar hospitality group to strike excellence..you just need a passion to comfort your guests..and Kabbe walks away with that crown of the Jewel of hospitality excellence....Guys, Go treat yourself with the vacation of a lifetime at Kabbe… Thank you Uncle Dilip for that care, affection and hospitality…. I look forward to my next visit very soon..

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Onlyamitm
Mumbai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

We were looking for a holiday home in Coorg to celebrate my father-in-law's 75th birthday.... So we wanted a very special place where our family could relax and just be together and spend some quality family time. We searched on the internet for the various options available and Kabbeh holidays stood out due to its location and charming rooms...So we booked this holiday home as we found the pictures on the internet really beautiful... But when we actually reached the place, were were blown away.... literally... It was so gorgeous and serene that we felt we have chosen the perfect place! This beautiful holiday home is surrounded by hills and greenery; we could not believe a place would be so charming!

This beautiful holiday home rests amidst coffee and pepper plantations and green hills.... The rooms are very warm and comfortable with cozy beds and clean bathrooms... Every room has a beautiful view of the surrounding green cover! Around the place there was a variety of so many different beautiful flora and fauna that we had never seen before. The flowers were blooming, colorful and beautiful. They invited a variety of butterflies and birds!

Dilip took us to a peak nearby where we went hiking 1 morning. It was so breezy on top of the peak, something that we have never experienced before and will always stay in our memories! Even walk to the nearby stream was just so calming and relaxing. Dilip also took us to the nearby waterfalls - Chelavara waterfalls.... I cannot describe in words how beautiful the waterfall was! You have to visit to experience it!

The food Dilip (the owner) serves is to-die-for! It is so yummy and full of the local Coorgi flavor. We were served a variety of meals every single day. The breakfast, lunch and dinner were so delicious that we were spoilt really!! I requested him to make 'payassam' for us and it was so delicious and tasty I cannot describe!

One of the days he arranged a bon fire for us and all the guests sat around the fire and shared beautiful experiences of our lives. We chatted for long and it felt so good to be in the middle of hills and forest being surrounded by everything so beautiful and gorgeous and natural!

Dilip and his team made our stay special by catering to all our needs. Dilip made our stay so comfortable and memorable that we would love to visit Kabbe holidays again in future! Thank you Kabbeh holidays for making my father-in-law's birthday trip so memorable!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Kollam, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

If you are a person who would love to be away from your life for some refreshment of having some pure fresh air, fresh water and need beautiful peace of mind then I would say that you should NEVER miss Kabbe homestay holidays. The nature is so beautiful and fresh. The small and big mountains around combined with waterfalls makes it much more beautiful. Dilip is a person that anyone should meet once in a lifetime, he is very much caring and he makes sure that we are good while we stay with him. One problem that we faced was with the timings of the breakfast, I'm an early eater. We would make sure that we would certainly visit this beautiful heaven again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kollam003
Visakhapatnam (Vizag), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

Kabbe Holidays is 6kms off road from Chayandane , on a bumpy/ fun track.
Separated fro, the usual bustle and crowd and normal holiday resorts , this home stay is located right at the foot of Kabbe hill . A very clam and serene location .
The cottages are very clean and comfortable., surrounded by greenery . You can get a very picturesque view of the hills from the cottages . The nights are star studded and scores of fire flies flickering around . Waking up to the chirping of the birds and pure fresh mountain air . Beautiful .
Its like living amidst beauty and nature .
Dilip uncle and vidya aunty were so hospitable and warm .Aunty served us amazing coorgi dishes everyday .
Dilip uncle took us trekking on the hills and to this cliff right at the edge , breathtaking view and heart pumping feeling getting onto that cliff.
And of course uncles roller coaster rides on his ' Bolero pick up' on the bumpy road can never be forgotten .
If not for Kabbe Holidays we would have missed out on so much fun .

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family