“Awesome mind-blowing...... serene.... calming.... excellent!”
Review of Kabbe Holidays

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coorg
Kabbe Holidays
Ranked #24 of 567 Speciality Lodging in Coorg
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We were looking for a holiday home in Coorg to celebrate my father-in-law's 75th birthday.... So we wanted a very special place where our family could relax and just be together and spend some quality family time. We searched on the internet for the various options available and Kabbeh holidays stood out due to its location and charming rooms...So we booked this holiday home as we found the pictures on the internet really beautiful... But when we actually reached the place, were were blown away.... literally... It was so gorgeous and serene that we felt we have chosen the perfect place! This beautiful holiday home is surrounded by hills and greenery; we could not believe a place would be so charming!

This beautiful holiday home rests amidst coffee and pepper plantations and green hills.... The rooms are very warm and comfortable with cozy beds and clean bathrooms... Every room has a beautiful view of the surrounding green cover! Around the place there was a variety of so many different beautiful flora and fauna that we had never seen before. The flowers were blooming, colorful and beautiful. They invited a variety of butterflies and birds!

Dilip took us to a peak nearby where we went hiking 1 morning. It was so breezy on top of the peak, something that we have never experienced before and will always stay in our memories! Even walk to the nearby stream was just so calming and relaxing. Dilip also took us to the nearby waterfalls - Chelavara waterfalls.... I cannot describe in words how beautiful the waterfall was! You have to visit to experience it!

The food Dilip (the owner) serves is to-die-for! It is so yummy and full of the local Coorgi flavor. We were served a variety of meals every single day. The breakfast, lunch and dinner were so delicious that we were spoilt really!! I requested him to make 'payassam' for us and it was so delicious and tasty I cannot describe!

One of the days he arranged a bon fire for us and all the guests sat around the fire and shared beautiful experiences of our lives. We chatted for long and it felt so good to be in the middle of hills and forest being surrounded by everything so beautiful and gorgeous and natural!

Dilip and his team made our stay special by catering to all our needs. Dilip made our stay so comfortable and memorable that we would love to visit Kabbe holidays again in future! Thank you Kabbeh holidays for making my father-in-law's birthday trip so memorable!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 June 2011

If you are a person who would love to be away from your life for some refreshment of having some pure fresh air, fresh water and need beautiful peace of mind then I would say that you should NEVER miss Kabbe homestay holidays. The nature is so beautiful and fresh. The small and big mountains around combined with waterfalls makes it much more beautiful. Dilip is a person that anyone should meet once in a lifetime, he is very much caring and he makes sure that we are good while we stay with him. One problem that we faced was with the timings of the breakfast, I'm an early eater. We would make sure that we would certainly visit this beautiful heaven again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kollam003
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Kabbe Holidays is 6kms off road from Chayandane , on a bumpy/ fun track.
Separated fro, the usual bustle and crowd and normal holiday resorts , this home stay is located right at the foot of Kabbe hill . A very clam and serene location .
The cottages are very clean and comfortable., surrounded by greenery . You can get a very picturesque view of the hills from the cottages . The nights are star studded and scores of fire flies flickering around . Waking up to the chirping of the birds and pure fresh mountain air . Beautiful .
Its like living amidst beauty and nature .
Dilip uncle and vidya aunty were so hospitable and warm .Aunty served us amazing coorgi dishes everyday .
Dilip uncle took us trekking on the hills and to this cliff right at the edge , breathtaking view and heart pumping feeling getting onto that cliff.
And of course uncles roller coaster rides on his ' Bolero pick up' on the bumpy road can never be forgotten .
If not for Kabbe Holidays we would have missed out on so much fun .

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Though it was a last minute decision , we can never forget our stay in kabbe in the years to come. The very location of our cottage below the Mount Kabbe was breath taking . The scenic beauty , activities like trekking , the nearby waterfall (sort of a private pool) were awesome . one can never forget the meals prepared by Mr. Jaya (the cook @ kabbe) each meal was a memorable one . infact the day we went for outing (to the nearby sightseeing places) we missed the food at kabbe . We learnt that jaya was personally trained by vidya (Mrs.Dilip) Our host .

Mr.Dilip is one of the warmest Host we have ever encountered so far , we have already recommended Kabbe to our friends . It was our Honeymoon and there won't be another apt place in coorg for the occasion .

The cottage was very good with wooden furnitures and a comfy bed. To conclude Kabbe is a home away from home.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2011

It all started with a cousin of mine who i was asking him to where I should head to a good holiday location...
He shared his trip to a place which I had not heard in my life time named COORG… and a place to stay called kabbe holidays…
The moment he started describing it my enthusiasm for going to the place became more and I asking him other things like the roads, food, stay etc. as I was traveling with my kids and did not want to disappoint them. My aim of holiday is not to go to a hustle bustle spot but to a calm and relaxing place where I can unwind my self. My wife did the booking and spoke to Mr. Dilip the owner in charge. The initial conversation was very upright and we did the formalities by transferring the initial funds to his account. We started on 9th Sunday night packing all the stuff needed I hit the accelerator to reach Bangalore in 7 hours. Went straight to my cousin’s place I had informed him of my stay in his house. We received a warm welcome from him and we told him our plans. The next day he guided us to reach out of Bangalore and taking the nice road which is really nice we touched mysore high way in no time. Had a breakfast at the kamat hotel within this time Dilip had started asking when we are reaching and I was really felt the warmth of this person as he was concerned about when are we reaching his place where we are etc… See the warmth of this person has started taking its feel on you. We took the lousy road through virajpet and reach the place after a long fight with the narrow roads. Through the narrow roads and a dirt track what you see around across you on the way to kabbe is nature at its best man… I really had my jaws dropping seeing the initial view itself. The narrow roads and the dirt road leads to a heaven named “KABBE HOLIDAYS”. And the person who own it.
Parked my car which would have taken the stroll of the road my indica vista did enjoy it too. The room and the place just took the stress away and we headed straight to the river stream what a place man. Dilip was guiding my son arjun around the stream and he was enjoying it.Layaa my daughter was playing it safe as the stone were slippery. Had a good time enjoying the cold chilled water hitting your legs and u feel the chillness of it. After that we went straight to the room as Savita my wife had a sprain in her neck she was relaxing in the room and I was taking my son and daughter around the place. The dinner was ready with some excellent cuisine served to us which I relished. The children we off to bed and I was chatting with dilip for a while. Savita joined us we just came out of the dinning room into the open place to see the sky which I had never seen before Man I say it was a like the heaven had welcomed us with its stars. Looked like we had been to nasa and watching the horizon above. Just Amazing.

To be continued...