1. Ideal for those who wish to be away from the hustle bustle of the market place.
2. The Food was a part of our package (hence already paid for) but they would cater to us like our "personal Maharaj" getting the three of us huge serving portions of our individual dishes (we had to tell them the following day to reduce the serving size so that we wouldn't waste food) and it was very good food too. Steer clear of the fancy dishes, the desi is lip-smacking. I don't reco the coffee though (It had malai and I invariably needed to call for the strainer).
3. The Tree House & swing sets are a joy! The Garden is beautifully maintained. It's so much fun and picnic-y to be taking your meals in the lawn (especially when the weather is pleasantly chilly).
4. Helpful staff (but thats true of Himachalis per se)
1. It looks better from the outside than from the inside. It's sorta old and worn out inside (its got paint in place of polish on the wood) and when we got there on Day 1 we were thinking we had paid too much! But then the place sorta grows on you. So mebe you shouldn't stay here if you are only putting up for a night but then who puts up only for a night in Dalhousie! :D
2. The Bathrooms are neat and clean but nothing fancy and a little worse for wear. We had a 'suite' and of the two bathrooms, one didn't have a geyser but I was travelling single with my parents so it didn't matter much. The dustbin in the room wasn't cleaned and had something stickin on it but it didn't crawl ;-)
3. Don't go here with OLD people. Since it is perched on the hill side, there's a bit of a climb which might not be feasible for old/ knee trouble people since there's no lift and you gotcha walk it up.
4. The Passage is small (tiny) so God help you if you have noisy neighbours!
5. The extra bedding was a mattress (not a bed) for which they initially got only half a bedsheet but once we asked them, they changed it.
6. It doesn't have Air conditioners but even in May, we didn't miss them given that Dalhousie temps are comfy.
Frankly, though my list of Negatives reads longer I defi reco this place especially if ur getting it for around 3-4K a night and even more so if you are a large group (minus old people).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alps Resort is a hotel in Dalhousie which offers budget accommodation to our discerning traveler. Definitely one of best places to stay in Dalhousie, while on your holiday or vacation. Modern and renovated rooms with a secure environment, along with multi-cuisine restaurant make Alps Resort an ideal destination amongst Dalhousie accommodation. However, what makes it unique is the location. It's far from the noise of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ClearTrip, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Yatra and Agoda so you can book your Alps Resort Dalhousie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alps Resort Dalhousie Himachal Pradesh