“dalhousie tour”
Review of Hotel Mongas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dalhousie
Hotel Mongas
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Dalhousie
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We were 15 members . we have 5 rooms ,3 rooms were excllent and 2 rooms were average. Hotel owner Mrs. and Mr. mongas are very co operative and caring. Cooks are cooking very good food and coperative. Hot water was not coming in every rooms and service was very slow. I think for better service good manager is require, there is a manager but whose management skill is not good .

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

we 4-goan families stayed at mongas for 2-nights. Goans are known to be choosy and funloving. To our surprise we were personally attended by Mr. Karan and his wife Mrs. Nikita on arrival, Mr. Karan was a great humanbeing who was always their to help.The rooms were beautifull with breathtaking view, each room was tastefully decorated with good sense of interiors, bathrooms were spcious ,clean with modern fittings, bedsheets and towels were equally clean. staff was friendly and efficient. overall it was a pleasant and memorable stayat mongas a perfect holiday destination. Suhasnaikgoa

Room Tip: Rooms on southern side on first floor are quiter with excellent view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suhasnaikgoa
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I booked this hotel post reading the reviews on Tripadvisor but the visit did not turn out to be as i had imagined. I mailed the hotel with my query and they reverted with the account details once i decided to stay in the deluxe room. After i deposited the advance, i did not receive any response from them for the next 2 days despite mailing and calling them numerous times.

On check-in, we found out that the hotel reception is a desk kept in the open where there manager - Shabbir sits. He showed us our rooms which were not adjacent to each other as i had requested while making the booking. Upon requesting again, he went downstairs and came back with the same reply. We relented and checked in. Me and my wife took the first room and my parents took the other room. After around 1 hr while we had unpacked and were getting fresh, the manager showed up again and told us that my parents need to shift to a different room as he accidentally checked us into someone elses room. The other room was still not complete, it did not have a fan, the paint was fresh, the room was missing some lights which were there in the previous room and there was no medium of ventilation in the room. When we asked for a different room, the manager denied saying all rooms were full even when we were willing to pay to get an upgrade. I helped my parents shift they luggage to the other room as the manager did not send anyone to help them with their luggage.

The manager then called me to complete the entry forms and tried to sell the buffet dinner to me(350/person) which was twice the cost one would incur if they order from Ala Carte. I chose Ala Carte and told the manager that we will eat in our room only. At 8:00 PM, when we called room service, the manager answered and told us that they cannot serve room service till the buffet is over, which was 9:00 PM. Any order taken at 9 will be completed till 10. Angry and disgusted, we walked to the mall road and ate at Kwality Restaurant.

Next morning, we ordered tea and the kettle used to serve us was broken. When i opened the kettle to avoid the tea from spilling, it stank as if it had not been washed for years. There was a layer to white deposit in the kettle which iam not sure was milk or sugar or something else. We returned the tea and went out to eat breakfast at the mall road. We ate outside the next day also.

Pros-
1) Location(This place is at walking distance from Mall Road)
2) None!!!

Cons-
1) Useless Management - The manager only knows how to sweet talk. His only response to queries is "Do you trust me?"
2) Basic amenities are not provided at checkin. I had to ask for Soap, Towels, Drinking water & toilet paper.
3) Some rooms have been sold while they are not yet complete.
4) Cleanliness - The rooms were not clean when we checked in. We had to for them to be cleaned before we started using them.
5) Hygiene - Please look inside the kettles before you drink from them. Look once inside the kitchen and you will see what iam talking about.
6) They try to sell the buffet when it is twice the cost of items in the menu. If its not included in your package, expect to be kept waiting or else give in.

All in all, you can get better deals at cheaper prices in Dalhousie. Or you can spend some more and have peace of mind while holidaying. I went there believing all the positive reviews below but they all turned out to be sham.

Note to owners - Hire competent management staff. Everyone from your waiter to the manager have no idea what they are doing. Secondly, ask for feedback. I have travelled to hotels worse than yours and their management interacts with people who give negative feedback and not avoid them.

Room Tip: Please avoid. You can get better options at cheaper rate in Dalhousie.
5  Thank Discoverer00
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I keep wondering how can such a poor hotel get a rating of '4' on "TripAdvisor". I suspect some foul play. I saw someone posted a negative review on 19th May'12, which is non existent now.

Like me, one can easily loose his faith in 'Trip-Advisor' reviews after staying in this hotel. Few facts about this hotel:

1. First of all, this doesn't look like a hotel but a lodge. So, be mentally prepared for this.
2. There is no reception/front-desk. This is first of its kind I've seen so far.
3. No restaurant, food can only be served in rooms. So if you are looking for having fun with family over breakfast/lunch/dinner, forget it.
4. Manager arranged buffet dinner&breakfast for 10 of us when I requested, but arrangement was lousy as there was not enough space.
4. I paid Rs. 3500/- for an 'executive room' where flush was not working.
5. No check-in/check-out entry was done. No photo ID was asked. A big violation of basic rule of running a hotel. This shows the lack of professionalism.
6. One lousy phone in the room which can only connect you to a dirty table and chair which is supposed to be the room-service setup in open in front of that cramped kitchen where food we were eating gets cooked.
7. You will get better bed-sheets in a lodge where you will pay 1/4th of what you pay here.

Though room size was good, but at end of the day one has to look at everything. Believe me, you will get much better options. Don't waste your money on this substandard hotel.

Feel free to reach me at nitinma@gmail.com for more details...

4  Thank Nitin2012
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. The experience was very good. The staff is very quick and nice. The owners are too too good. Mr. Karan Monga & Mrs. Nitika Monga were so so helpful, my father got sick and they helped in arranging a Doc in no time. The property is very nice, peaceful. Food is very good, infact the only neat and clean food we cud find in Dalhousie was in Hotel Mongas. I would strongly recommend this hotel to all my friends who would like to visit Dalhousie.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Deluxe room, all the categories are nice but I would recommend Super Deluxe