“Small resort in jungle”

Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Guwahati
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Small resort in jungle”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

This place is 15 km or so out of Guwahati. We were put up here for one night as part of a tour. It's a smallish place with a swimming pool & some other activities. The staff are not used to foreign tourists & rather poorly trained. There is a veranda where we were able to get gin & soft drinks, and they even had a bottle of Indian red wine to go with our dinner. Dinner was very good, including duck curry, difficult to find in India. However, the room was not clean, and worse, when we went to retire late in the evening, we discovered the bed linen was dirty. We resorted to sleeping on top of the bed cover. The room did have a ceiling fan & ac (which we don't use). There was hot water in the bathroom, together with eccentric Indian plumbing. I complained to the owner about the room the next day, receiving no apology except being offered a complimentary glass of fruit juice. I can't think of any reason to stay here really.

Room Tip: Stay at a good hotel in Guwahati instead
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank spentbrothers
Rajendratripathi, Owner at Brahmaputra Jungle Resort, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
I had personally visited the room of the guest next morning to enquire about his comfort without knowing his problems. There was definitely a big short coming and I apologise for that. Infact I have put my personal mobile no. prominently in all rooms with a note that 'the owner can be contacted at any time for any problem'. Everyday, every moment we strive for improvement and we welcome criticisms from our guests.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I visited the so called Resort in August with my family. The rooms are dirty, smelly or may be the most horrible experience you can think of. The food was pathetic. Not a great place to go for. The linel, towels are unhygenic..gives you a feeling that not washed at all. The food is OK bu the cleaniness of table, plates, glasses is horribe. The remains of the food fom the lunch were still lying on the table.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Chennai, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

I booked this hotel for a family vacation seeing some good reviews in this forum and I regretted it after my trip.

This place is far off from Guwahati city (45 kms from the airport), in the middle of a jungle off the highway. The property is unkempt - probably to give you the feel of a "jungle". The staff include unprofessional youth who have no idea what "service" means. While our room was average in cleanliness and comfort, the room service was below expectation. Only positive thing we remember is that we had some good Assamese food that we normally don't get in our city.

This hotel also organized a car with driver for me to move around and that was another atrocious experience. The driver spoke foul language that would shame truck drivers. And during our city site-seeing tour when I asked him to take us to a shop that sold Asam silk, his retort was "how am I supposed to know where it is?" :-( :-( :-(. We got another driver next day but I was not happy with him either.

I believe this is a place for companies in Guwahati for conducting their off-site business meetings and trainings. It is not for travellers. Purely personal opinion from what I saw and felt.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ArindamDas
Faridabad, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

I visited the so called Resort on 6th August with my family. The rooms are dirty, smelly or may be the most horrible experience you can think of. The food was horrible. The swimming pool was fill with some kind of chemical, chlorine I suppose. I payed for 1 night but could not stand for more than 2 hours and left for Guwahati. Guys don,t go by good reviews this place is not worth even trying.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Harneet
Pune
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

The location of the hotel is nice --really good.

However the rooms are very shabby and unclean. The linel, towels are unhygenic..gives you a feeling that not washed at all. The food is OK bu the cleaniness of table, plates, glasses is horribe. The remains of the food fom the lunch were still lying on the table when we went there for dinner.

The service also is OK bu the staff has no trianing at all of cleanliness and basic mannerism.

We ran away after one night though we had planned a stay of two nights.

I will not recommend it to anybody..

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family