Review Highlights
Night Kayaking shifted to Port Blair... Superb experience

This Night kayaking has shifted from Havelok to Port Blair..Shiraz took us out on 26th feb. We... read more

Reviewed 28 February 2022
sanjayasher
Fantastic

Amazing experience - we did night kayaking with shiraz and tanaz and was an amazing experience - on... read more

Reviewed 9 January 2022

from $48.88
More Info
from $240.00
More Info
All reviews night tour life jackets bioluminescent plankton mangrove tour moonless night port blair tours shiraz constellations sky havelock water camera training nature sunset
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Absolutely Brilliant.
If you are not planning to travel round the world any time soon and want to see bioluminescence in India, Havelock and the waters around Havelock are probably the only place for you. A lot has been written about Tanaz and her skills as an instructor but the thing that struck me most was the expansive knowledge she has about constellations. We were lucky to have a group that was overall interested in stargazing so actually we spent more time looking up rather down in the waters below. The effect of luminescence is incredible if you have never seen it before. It stays with you ever after. The tour is perfectly safe to undertake. I didnot knew swimming and had no prior experience of kayaking but I handled a single kayak by myself. A must do thing in Havelock

Date of experience: February 2017
6  Thank Shailesh306
Reviewed 20 February 2017

The Kayaking experience is an amazing one. Definitely check it out in Havelock and do not considering going with anyone other than Tanaz. I had an incredible experience. She's very confident, knows what she's doing and a lot of fun! Definitely recommend it to everyone!

Date of experience: February 2017
2  Thank deepb72
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Tanaz is professional, experienced and really fun to hang out with. Kayaking in the mangroves allows you to see all the bio luminescence in the water while looking up at the clearest sky. Tanaz will make sure you stay on your kayak steady while she explains about the constellations and the island's characteristics. Recommend!!

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank lapagliagiulia
Reviewed 2 February 2017

While I'm a beach bum and ocean lover, going out in open water on a kayak is something that made me apprehensive. I found myself in an internal battle with my mind and heart. Having been certified as an open water scuba diver that very day, I decided to go for it.

The kicker - I decided to do the night kayak tour of the bay. Being the solo act in a group of 3, I was relegated to a single-man kayak (something I have never done before) and it brought with it a whole new set of mental barriers to cross. Tanaz, met us close to the jetty. The hesitation I had with kayaking alone on open seas and that too in the dark was soon kicked aside by Tanaz's excitement and energy. We walked a not-too-short distance away to the kayaks (hidden in a cove of sorts) where she gave us a crash course in paddling and other essential skills.

We got into the kayaks and ventured out into the open sea, albeit along the shore and into a small bay. Our purpose was to stargaze and observe the bio-luminescent organisms in the water. While that was special, Tanaz's passion and knowledge blew me away. And, it was contagious. Torn between staring at the flecks of light in the water and the stars in the sky, I was dumbfounded at first. Awestruck even. Stars? I realised I had never seen them before; never really seen them. Not like this.

From constellations to shooting stars, the centre of the universe wasn't a mystery anymore. It was us, on those boats, floating on pixie dust riddled black glass.

Honestly, I'd be hard pressed to search my memory for a more moving or magical experience.

When we made it back to shore, I couldn't get out of the kayak. What was I feeling? Was it melancholy? Was it regret? I left the kayak, said my goodbyes to other travellers and eventually found myself in my room at the hotel. As night took its hold on Havelock, it dawned on me that I had fallen in love with the island.

Date of experience: January 2017
7  Thank dudhoria
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Have u seen movie "life of pi"? One of the movie seen shows sparkling light from sea water at night. If u do night kayaking, tanaz will show u same bioluminescence light from sea water , looks like fireflies in water.....it's incredible.Also tanaz has great knowledge about star gazing. It's must recommend for everyone.

Date of experience: December 2016