“leave the rat race”

Barefoot at Havelock
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Havelock Island
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Recently spent a few days (too few) at Barefoot, totally incommunicardo,no TV,no radio,no telephones,the sim card in your mobile is blocked throughout the Andeman islands,no newspapers,great staff and management,soft beds,local beach rated best the best in all Asia.What more could a harrassed westener ask. A "lotus eaters paradise.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roy S

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I spent some of my life's most memorable moments in the last five days at barefoot resort at havelock. The thing that touched my heart the most was the personal touch. I felt so close to each of the people on my way out. This was the first holiday in which I really felt handheld. The warmth of the people was amazing. Right from the first call I got for the booking to the airport drop, I could feel that the people at barefoot put their heart and soul in the work they do. It was truly passion personified. The people in their chennai office, the front office at the resort, the barman, the restaurant, the food was awesome. It felt like I was amongst family. I couldn't believe how many people my son connected with at the place. Am definitely looking forward to my next trip ASAP. the location of the resort is superb. The food was great. The privacy perfect. But as I said before and wouldmlike to repeat. The people took my heart away. One will find many seven star luxury places. But the people and their touch, I ain't too sure. A must stay place. And needless to say, andamans isn a must visit place. Wondering why it's not listed in the book 1000 places to see before I die !

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Rishi1967
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Being a businessman,holiday to me meant total privacy and away from the world of technology. Thats exactly what barefoot resorts gave me. A perfect getaway from all the hustle of the daily life. The travel to the resort was a little tiring since we had to take a flight and then a ferry ride to get there,but it was totally totally worth it.I had a great time doing all the watersports with my kids.Cleanliness at its best and the beach was stunning.We stayed at the andaman Villa and dont regret it one bit.Just what i needed !! My suggestion to everyone would be - One of the Must Visit places before u die !!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ChrisEvans189
Reviewed 25 April 2012

stayed here for our honeymoon.. only hotel on the best beach of havelock island.
Perfect white sand beach just a few steps from the hotel. Its eco friendly and love the personal huts we stayed in.
they also organise activities.
My best vacation ever. we went in dec 2010

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank saaMountainview
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We arrived all five of us, my wife and 3 big children at the lovely resort of havelock after 48 hours of flights boat and connections. the resort l is realy lovely, well kept, clean, lovely bar and lovely restaurant. the beach is really wild and amazingly beautiful, but nothing beside that. no nearby restaurtnt or bars, no sunbeds on the beach, no shades besides the lovely trees that reach the water line, if you want the action side, mingling with people, choosing were to dine in the evening, this is not the place. much more soothing for honymooners then families or friends.

we planned to stay longer but after 4 lovely nights and days, touring the island and its beaches and suntanning on lovely beach no. 7 we left the andaman islands and took a flight to delhi, then up to lovely rishikesh.

Room Tip: only 20 rooms in the hotel, some with ac some without, all lovely and spacious. none neer the water...