So peaceful and beautiful, you would never want to quit the place and move anywhere soon. Sprawling green area with a main arterial beachside road severing the campus, dotted with colonial style architecture done in wood. The beachside Andaman villas, where we stayed, are beautifully done amidst huge swaying coconut groves and serpentine paved, well lit walkaways. Beware of an unexpected coconut on your head. Wear a helmet!! ;)
The private Vijaynagar beach is a picture perfect sight to behold. A perfectly still, blue-green surface, tethered with colourful boats, invite you to different world literally. There are beachside shaded areas to relax and enjoy the ever changing colourful hues of the huge expansive placid sea.
We were fortunate to experience the sea and campus on a full moon. And it was an experience, perhaps of a lifetime!!! Ideal place to let your hair down, put your feet up, relax and may be, do simply nothing. Complete masterly inactivity, enjoying the bounty, nature has to give in its full splendour.
The rooms are spacious, but you can overhear through the wooden partitions in between adjacent rooms, though room service is good, bathrooms are not that great. Food not up to the mark, without much variety and pretty expensive. There is great trouble with both Vodafone and Airtel connectivity. But you get to use the landline at the reception for free 24 x 7.
Loved the hospitality of the ever smiling staff and Mr. Azhar with his pony tail (and his sweet strumming guitar). There is a small library in the lounge for you to indulge and a spa as well.
This resort is quite near to the Kalapathar beach. And it takes around half an hour to the famous Radhanagar beach and Elephant beach.
But only if you wish. This place is ideal to temporarily escape from civilisation!!!
One who loves peace and tranquility would love visit the place over again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Silversand Beach Resort, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India, the most beautiful of all the whole Islands. Get away from the crowds and see the nature as it should be. The way it used to be.From cottages to bungalows , our resort features newly constructed and beautifully decorated guest rooms in a breathtaking resort environment. We offer deluxe room settings for leisure travelers, business travelers, meeting attendees, honeymooners, small or large families, for groups and persons with special needs. Andaman and Nicobar islands are fringed with coconut palm beaches, covered with tropical jungle and flat stretches of crescent shaped beaches far better than any other beaches in India. Adventure in Andaman like trekking, Island camping, snorkeling, scuba-diving etc. are the real attractions for the Indian and foreign toruist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, MakeMyTrip, Yatra, Djubo, ClearTrip and TravelGuru so you can book your Silver Sand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silversand Beach Hotel Havelock Island
- Silver Sand Beach Resort Havelock Island, Andaman And Nicobar Islands