See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We picked this hotel because of the price and how close it was to where we needed to be. Instantly regretted it. Roaches(alive and dead), broken shower rod, hole in bathroom door, sink was falling off the wall, tape covering the door to the next room, broken tiles, terrible beds, and dirty sheets and blankets. We spent the day out of the room and came back to holes in our food where the roaches and ate their way through everything. Hallway smelled like weed and people talked loudly in the hallways all night. Took pictures to the front desk and the woman acted completely surprised and blamed the pest control company. The listing says they have a indoor pool, went to check it out and it was filled with mattresses. Also states they have free coffee every morning for guests but there was not. Staff was rude and very unhelpful. We got a full refund and do not plan to ever return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2017

This place is nasty its full of roaches spider webs all over the place dirty floors smells of pee and weed every thing is rigged up save your money you can get a room in miamisburg 15 minutes away for the same price the first hour we where there killed 4 roaches in the bathroom a few hrs later the later it got they started creeping out of the cracks and popping up all over the walls there was bug poop on the ceiling and the fan in bathroom was covered in it a white shower curtain was yellow with dirt and filth all over it the place needs shut down the board of health needs to be brought in and before I forget when you go to their website they say they have a indoor pool dont let that fool you because the pool is actually being used as their storage RUN RUN RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE I will never even consider this place for my dog to stay let alone a human

Room Tip: run run as fast as you can there are roaches every where
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Do NOT stay here! Keep driving - sleep in a rest stop or under a bridge - ANYTHING is better than this motel. It's filthy, poorly maintained, pool is closed, no morning coffee & hotel lobby is locked to guests during the night. The bed was clean although there were holes in the blanket & the bathroom was disgusting. Black mold & hair everywhere. I put towels over the pillows just in case & didn't take a shower. I'm a camper so I'm not hard to please. I don't expect elegance in a budget motel but I do expect cleanliness. Why did we stay? Exhaustion & we didn't know what was available up the road & didn't think anything could be this bad. Warning - do NOT stop here!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2016

Booked my stay and paid for it on Expedia for a king smoking room. Upon arrival, the very-hard-to-understand desk clerk said I had no reservation even though I showed him my receipt (via phone) and booking info. He said he could give me a double non-smoking room and proceeded to ask for my credit card-- AFTER I HAD ALREADY PAID AND SHOWED HIM THE CONFIRMATION! After much debate, he finally agreed to put me up in the lesser-than-I-paid-for room but would not provide a paper receipt.
The pool was closed. The free breakfast didn't exist. The room was adequate for sleeping but nothing to write home about. The bathroom was gross. None of the security doors were secure... they opened right up and, during the night, several shady characters roamed around. I was afraid to leave my room for ice because the hallways reeked of marijuana!
After reading through the reviews on here, I've noticed that the same issues have arisen over a period of YEARS with, apparently, no improvement.
The place is being run by sketchy individuals, not maintained properly, and is not safe and secure as a hotel should be. The higher-ups at Motel 6 should very seriously think about revoking the franchise rights at this establishment!

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Tina B
Reviewed 27 July 2015

Road tripped from WI to VA July 2015 and coming up on Dayton, OH, we looked for a cheap motel to rest our bones for a few hours. We didn't need a place with free breakfast or any other perks, just a place to sleep. We needed a cot as well as 2 beds but Dayton didn't have a cot available. But 15 miles south in Franklin, they did; so we booked 1 night, 1 room. When getting to the lobby, the place stunk! Dirt everywhere and if it wasn't 11 pm with tired kids, I would have left. Clerk never received our reservation and was going to charge me AGAIN (after I already paid via the phone to Motel 6) but then he miracously found our reservation when I wouldn't give him my CC. But, he refused to give me a receipt. Said it's in my email. Well the clerk who took my information via phone got my email wrong so I didn't get a receipt. Clerk in the lobby refused to assist me saying it wasn't his job to give me a receipt. That's Motel 6 job. Ummmm isn't HE Motel 6 ? Room stunk and was dirty. Lamps were broke, bed was like sitting on plywood; bathroom was gross. we slept on top of the blankets and never used the bathroom. Walked to BP next door for those facilities. Towel racks were falling off the walls. NO security doors were locked, they were all busted. All the ice machines were broke, yet we had an ice bucket in our room???? Pool was closed and when you looked in there, they use it as a storage area. Out the back door when hubby and I went to have a smoke, there was a rat trap. Yes, a RAT TRAP! This place needs to be condemned. I have stayed in Motel 6's before with no problems. After this 1 experience, I will NEVER stay at another Motel 6 again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.