See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Do NOT stay here! Keep driving - sleep in a rest stop or under a bridge - ANYTHING is better than this motel. It's filthy, poorly maintained, pool is closed, no morning coffee & hotel lobby is locked to guests during the night. The bed was clean although there were holes in the blanket & the bathroom was disgusting. Black mold & hair everywhere. I put towels over the pillows just in case & didn't take a shower. I'm a camper so I'm not hard to please. I don't expect elegance in a budget motel but I do expect cleanliness. Why did we stay? Exhaustion & we didn't know what was available up the road & didn't think anything could be this bad. Warning - do NOT stop here!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2016

Booked my stay and paid for it on Expedia for a king smoking room. Upon arrival, the very-hard-to-understand desk clerk said I had no reservation even though I showed him my receipt (via phone) and booking info. He said he could give me a double non-smoking room and proceeded to ask for my credit card-- AFTER I HAD ALREADY PAID AND SHOWED HIM THE CONFIRMATION! After much debate, he finally agreed to put me up in the lesser-than-I-paid-for room but would not provide a paper receipt.
The pool was closed. The free breakfast didn't exist. The room was adequate for sleeping but nothing to write home about. The bathroom was gross. None of the security doors were secure... they opened right up and, during the night, several shady characters roamed around. I was afraid to leave my room for ice because the hallways reeked of marijuana!
After reading through the reviews on here, I've noticed that the same issues have arisen over a period of YEARS with, apparently, no improvement.
The place is being run by sketchy individuals, not maintained properly, and is not safe and secure as a hotel should be. The higher-ups at Motel 6 should very seriously think about revoking the franchise rights at this establishment!

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Tina B
Reviewed 27 July 2015

Road tripped from WI to VA July 2015 and coming up on Dayton, OH, we looked for a cheap motel to rest our bones for a few hours. We didn't need a place with free breakfast or any other perks, just a place to sleep. We needed a cot as well as 2 beds but Dayton didn't have a cot available. But 15 miles south in Franklin, they did; so we booked 1 night, 1 room. When getting to the lobby, the place stunk! Dirt everywhere and if it wasn't 11 pm with tired kids, I would have left. Clerk never received our reservation and was going to charge me AGAIN (after I already paid via the phone to Motel 6) but then he miracously found our reservation when I wouldn't give him my CC. But, he refused to give me a receipt. Said it's in my email. Well the clerk who took my information via phone got my email wrong so I didn't get a receipt. Clerk in the lobby refused to assist me saying it wasn't his job to give me a receipt. That's Motel 6 job. Ummmm isn't HE Motel 6 ? Room stunk and was dirty. Lamps were broke, bed was like sitting on plywood; bathroom was gross. we slept on top of the blankets and never used the bathroom. Walked to BP next door for those facilities. Towel racks were falling off the walls. NO security doors were locked, they were all busted. All the ice machines were broke, yet we had an ice bucket in our room???? Pool was closed and when you looked in there, they use it as a storage area. Out the back door when hubby and I went to have a smoke, there was a rat trap. Yes, a RAT TRAP! This place needs to be condemned. I have stayed in Motel 6's before with no problems. After this 1 experience, I will NEVER stay at another Motel 6 again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

I was very disappointed in this motel 6 it was awful they lied about the indoor heated pool, pool is empty. No coffee was offered. No working ice machines. After asking No one come in my room while I was gone, they still came in anyways. The TV was at least 15 years old, the room was falling apart lamps between the beds were broke and did not work. Air conditioner sucked. Only thing good was Mama's restraint next door inside the BP. I won't ever stay here again and would not ever recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa M
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

Melissa,

Reviewed 3 July 2015

Where do I even start with this hotel.... We pulled into the hotel and several "shady" people were lounging around the entrance. Had the wife lock the car while she sat in it so I could go check in. The lobby and check-in desk were in shambles and the place looked very cluttered and dirty.

I booked the hotel on-line for 2 nights and the very hard to understand front desk clerk pulled it up, and messed up from the beginning by only giving me a room for one night. He would not - "could not" give me a copy of the credit receipt <suspicious>. With that corrected, I got the wife an luggage and headed down the dark, squishy carpeted hall. The smell of water damage, mold and mildew was overwhelming. The first room was unlivable... rotted floor, broken/open holes in walls and ceiling. I went to the front desk to ask to change rooms and was provided another room.

The second room wasn't much better than the first. The toilet was not bolted to the floor, the security lock on the door was missing and the mold and mildew smell was starting to make me sick to my stomach.

The pool was "temporarily closed". But from the looks of it thru the dirt covered windows, it was full of old mattresses and chair cushions. There were numerous broken windows that were obviously broken long ago. The parking lot was cratered with potholes.

We left to grab some dinner and while we were out young son said he didn't want to say anything while we wee there but he didn't go back because he was scared of the people and the smell was also making him sick.

When we returned, I went to the front desk and told them that we would not be staying and I asked about the refund policy since we had only been there about 2 hours. The front desk clerk was apologetic and asked if I would explain the problems to the owner. I said sure and assumed that he would call the owner or something... Nope, the "owner" was living in the room right across from the second room we were provided! How creepy is that?

Needles to say, his accent was just as bad and I explained why were were leaving. He offered us another room or our money back. We obviously took the money back offer. We went back to the front desk and the clerk processed our credit again... and again refused (was unable) to provide me with a copy of the credit receipt.

Motel 6 Franchise relations - This motel SHOULD NOT be allowed to operate under the Motel 6 brand any longer. It is a total disgrace to the Motel 6 name. Tom Bodett should turn the light off here.

I'm looking for the local Health Dept. and Fire Dept. info for this place next.

Room Tip: Do not stay here at all. Numerous motels next exit north with the same price.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review. The service concerns you describe are not characteristic of the level of service our colleagues strive to provide, and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory. Please know the conditions you experienced in your room are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.