“I will be back”

Rubin's Deli & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 110 Restaurants in Elyria
Reviewed 17 June 2017

I was here one evening during a business trip. It was one of the few places very close to my hotel, on a very hot summer day where I didn't want to walk far. There is a LOT of variety on the menu, and they also have daily meal and soup specials. They also have breakfast items on the menu, available all day. Since I had been doing a lot of 'on the bun' recently, I decided to order an omelet. The omelet was VERY good, and quite large. Cooked perfectly. It came with 'home fries', which I couldn't get into.These fries had more of a look and feel of something closer to a hash, and they were HIGHLY seasoned. Not really spicy. But a LOT of other seasonings that really detracted from the potatoes. I left most of them. The toast came dry, but butter was provided.
Most of the other people were having dinner options, and I was hearing positive comments. So I will be sure to try something else when I return.
Service was fast and friendly.
Prices are VERY reasonable.
It is located in a strip mall next to a Dollar General. (Doesn't jump out at you from the road.)
Will be back again for sure.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I always look for corned beef or kielbasa when in Cleveland. Its whats for lunch and dinner there.
Driving from Toledo to downtown Cleveland there are many choices once I-90 separates from I-80 but if you want DELI Corned Beef get off at the first exit after the turnpike and find Rubins. Not fancy on the outside and hidden in a small shopping mall it could be easily overlooked. Prices are very reasonable, service excellent form an experienced staff. This is a regular stop for me.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Tired travelers came in near closing, and I noted the "specials" board didn't list prices. The waitress recommended the fresh Lake Erie perch. It was a generous portion, more heavily breaded than I prefer, and the cole slaw was tasty. I wasn't expecting to pay $19, considerably more than the regular entrees on the menu!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I enjoy this restaurant as a go to when we want a good meal in a casual atmosphere. Whether it's lunch, dinner , or breakfast, they have a good variety and the food is good. Try them for breakfast and get the blueberry pancakes. They are great.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Very large menu and everything we have had is very good. Service is good and the place is clean. Portions are large an the deserts are very good.