“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
Champaign, Illinois
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The rooms were very comfortable, nicely decorated, updated (including granite countertops), and clean. The staff was outstanding...always helpful and courteous. We enjoyed our stay very much and most definitely will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Stopped here with my wife and two 9 year old twins after a 10 hour ride in the car. Stopped largely based on TripAdvisor reviews. Got in too late to use pool so no review on that. However room was very clean and the beds appeared new. Both check in clerk and morning personnel were pleasant. Breakfast was more than I expected with eggs, bacon, sausage etc in addition to standard cereal. Price for 2 queens was $104 but I was able to get it down to $93 after a little back and forth...all in all worth the money and if I am through this area again I will not hesitate to stop there with the family.

Room Tip: Stayed on the second floor, #221, very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Our family stayed there for one night when passing through OH to DC. Our room is clean and has good interior; but nothing spectacular beyond that. Our kids did use the indoor swimming pool; its ventilation is not that good and the chlorine smells excessive that night. Our price also includes breakfast which includes typical hot and cold items. It tasted ok for a hotel with this price range.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Indiana, USA
Reviewed 19 March 2011

This hotel is the standard design, but plopped down in an unattractive industrial looking neighborhood right across from a correctional facility. It is very close to a mall with many food choices, and as close as any for a visit to Oberlin College, so the location alone did not put us off too much.
The staff on arrival was especially pleasant and efficient, and our room was clean, comfortable and very good. That evening the WiFi worked well, the kids enjoyed the pool and we snacked on the free cookies with pleasure. At that point this property would have gotten 5 stars from me.
The next morning the included breakfast was a disappointment. We often stay at Country Inn Suites, so we were not expecting a banquet, but we were surprised to find the selection poor, the bagels rock hard, the doughnuts looked and tasted plastic, and the steam table "Eggs over Medium" looked, smelled and chewed like poor rubber play-food from a toddler's kitchen. The food was neither hot nor fresh. They did not have individual yogurts, but a shared bowl to dip out of without ice or a sneeze shield, and three nasty old apples appeared to be the only "fresh" fruit offering. The food is not usually great, but this wasn't even edible. Back in the room, I got back on the WiFi, only to have it go out on me after 15 minutes. I called the desk to let them know it was down, and was told I would have to call their provider with the complaint and get it fixed. I called 3 times; busy signal twice, then I was put on hold, just like when you call a computer repair helpline at home. Instead of sitting on hold, I called back down to the desk, explained the situation and told them it was not my job to get their internet fixed, and they needed to assign someone to do it. I later overheard the desk clerk talking to the help line and seemingly accepting the claim that the problem must have been my fault or my computer's, despite the fact I had already been on twice without an issue. So, nice enough hotel, but they need to fix the food issues and they need to be more efficient and responsible for their WiFi problem.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
San Diego CA
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I stayed here to drop off my daughter for Oberlin college term and it worked our great. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Most important - the hotel staff I spoke with were very nice, helpful and positive. The cookies were good and always available. The pool temperature was perfect and open to 11 instead of 10 like many other properties. The pool towels were poor quality and almost nonexistent so take a room towel down with you! As others have stated, this property is HARD to find without knowing where you are going. It is easier from the north or east. There are quite a number of eateries and the hotel has discount coupons if you ask. We got 10% off Texas Roadhouse and were pleased. They did not do a great job of clearing snow from parking lot but it was adequate. All in all, I was pleased and will be back. Easy drive to the college

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank United858
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elyria
1.0 km away
Days Inn Amherst
#2 of 2 in Amherst
15.8 km away
Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elyria? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK