“Grilled Chicken salad best around.”
Review of Thai House

Thai House
Ranked #32 of 109 Restaurants in Elyria
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Elyria, Ohio
“Grilled Chicken salad best around.”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I always get the grilled chicken salad and it is the bext I have ever had once in awile it will have less dressing than I like or chicken is slightly over cooked but still tastes great other items are good to.

Pon & Al are nice a little rough on there waitress though.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Oberlin, Ohio
“so-so”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My wife and I had to pick something up in Elyria, and so I looked up the TA recommendations. I cannot believe this restaurant received the best ratings - what does that portend for the other restaurants in this town? We started with chicken satay - the sauce was nice but the meat (chicken!) was tough. As a main dish we had the recommended pad thai, which again was OK but nothing to write home about. The shrimp and chicken in the pad thai were good, but the dish was rather bland compared to others I have eaten, and there were not any (or at least not enough to notice) crushed peanuts. It was rather sweeter than I am used to as well. Our other main dish was mango curry. It again was too sweet, and the mango had the consistency of a raw vegetable (eg, celery or carrots). When the waitress came to tell us about the desserts, she said they were out of the special, mango and sticky rice, because the mango was not ripe. I wish she had warned about this for the curry also! For dessert we had thai custard. Very hot (temp.) and very good. Very sweet, but that's OK in a custard. It would probably have been better without the whipped cream it was smothered in. The waitress was extremely nice and very helpful. In sum, there was nothing wrong with any of the dishes, but neither were any of them outstanding. If you are in the area and want outstanding Asian cuisine, drive 10-15 minutes to Oberlin and eat at Tooo Chinoise opp Tappan Sqare in the center of town. It will be worth the extra time.

• Visited October 2011
Palatine, Illinois USA
“Bypass the restaurants at the I80 exit and venture into town for Tai House”
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We were driving West on I80 and my wife said she could not eat any more “restaurant chain” food. I had just down loaded the Trip Advisor App to my iPhone. I tried the restaurant near my location feature. One of the restaurants that the App found was the Tai House in Elyria. My wife thought that Tai food sounded like a great alternative to Denny’s, so we got off the toll way and went in search of Tai House.

The restaurant is located in a strip mall. The hostess/waitress greeted us when we waked in the door and was very friendly. They have Tai food and Chinese food on the Menu. My wife and I booth ordered Tai. They were not very busy the night we were there and our food was cooked up very quickly. I ordered the Green Curry and enjoyed it very much. Drive past the “Chain” restaurants at the Elyria I80 exit and venture into town for Tai food at Tai House.

• Visited March 2011
North Ridgeville, Ohio
“I never would have expected a place this good in Elyria!”
Reviewed 7 February 2011

This place is awesome. Great pad thai and curry. You can tell that the owners are actually from Thailand and know what they are doing. They are always friendly and the food is great and done quickly. It's not fancy inside, but the few decorations they have complement the place well. They have typical chinese food, but skip it and get the thai stuff.

• Visited February 2011
Elyria, Ohio
“Great Thai food”
Reviewed 5 July 2009

Granted there really isn't another restaurant in the area like, but their food is very good. I particularly like the Panang Curry. Good stuff not to bad as far as price either.