New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Nice and Professional” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbus - Sawmill Rd.

Extended Stay America - Columbus - Sawmill Rd.
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Dublin
columbus
“Nice and Professional”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Checked in, nice staff and management. Clean room, quiet stay., pet friendly. Free high speed internet...no problems. Awesome location Dublin, many, many restaurants and shopping just minutes away. Recommend

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Sawmill Rd., responded to this review, 11 April 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Columbus - Sawmill Rd. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dublin, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Checked in without seeing the room first. I was not expecting luxury at the rate, but I do need clean. The carpet is filthy, there is black dirt on the top of the shower tile, black finger prints on the doors, broken cabinets.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank llc273
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

This was the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I purchased this stay through Priceline and I wish I would have read reviews before I decided to stay here. First off as you enter into the hotel, you will be hit with an awful smell. The smell was a mixture of smoke and vomit,,,honestly it was enough to make you gag. Upon entering the room, there was stained carpet in the hallway and a lot of paint was scraped off the doors. The room smelled of urine as I believe someone who had a pet had just stayed there, I later confirmed this as when I laid down on the bed with a black shirt on, brown pet hair covered my back. When I called the lobby to tell of the dirty sheets, he said he would give me clean sheets, but I had to pick them up in the lobby and replace them myself. I changed the sheets out and the mattress was stained. The carpet and chair were also stained. Also, the walls were not sound proof, you could hear footsteps everytime the person on the floor above you walked. The window to the room was missing the screen, so it was either deal with the smell or take the risk of someone breaking into your room. This hotal was very uninviting and after staying one night of a two night stay, I ask for my money back...they refused and stated if I did not like the establishment, I would have to take it up with Priceline for a refund. The Extended Stay Hotel ruined my weekend getaway, I am hoping this review will discourage anyone from staying here and making the same mistake that I did

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Upset_Customer60785
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Sawmill Rd., responded to this review, 6 July 2011
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Columbus - Sawmill Rd.. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

stayed 6 nights during the holidays.what a mistake .reserve anon smoking room upon arrival hallway and room had the after smoke smell.had 1 set otowels ,1 packet of coffee room never gets clean because of my longititive of my stay .room next to me had television so loud you can hear as you walk the hall way,i occur between11;00pm to 8;30am.
Remedies from above:none. out the 6 days one peacful night (the last night)asisastant manager Josh was rude when addresing concerns.would off left hotel but they charge yor credit card from the time you check-in. not out.would of had insufficient funds because day were charge into credit card
kudos; to fridaynight laudry person and mitch made an effort to reemdy loud noise from neighbor

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank twister971
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Sawmill Rd., responded to this review, 6 January 2010
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Columbus - Sawmill Rd.. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Medina, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

My wife and I booked this after a plans kept us in Columbus unexpectedly. We lowballed Priceline and ended up with this. We weren't surprised; Priceline karma often dictates ESA's if you lowball.

The Hotel was great for an Extended Stay, but may not be for those who aren't familiar with the chain. You get a basic room with a decent kitchen, but only a thin bar of soap, and a small bed. You don't get any other toiletries, nor do you get maid service if you stay multiple nights (although a sign at checkin did say that they would give you maid service for $3 a day).

The location is good, but hard to find. It is located in a very nice part of Dublin, with a grocery store and several restaurants within walking distance. The building seemed newer, with fresh carpeting and furniture. The clerk gave us a corner suite, which was very private.

A previous reviewer mentioned a pool - I didn't see one, but I did see that they had an arrangement with a local fitness club for free use for guests.

Overall, good stay, but I can see why other reviewers rankle at the frugality of the chain. However, given the ridiculously low bid I placed on Priceline, I think I got more than my money's worth.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manager-TOH, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Sawmill Rd., responded to this review, 27 April 2009
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Columbus - Sawmill Rd.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Also, know that any of our nearly 700 Extended Stay Hotels(sm) locations is eager to serve you in most major metro areas in the U.S. and in Canada. Search for them at any time by going to our website. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.