“Average at best”

Cloverleaf Suites Columbus Dublin
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

Booked based on closed proximity to zoo which was our destination in Columbus. Staff was nice when I spoke with them. Room had some sort of smell that was not normal but we were tired when got in. Immediately found two Beatles which I would describe as June bugs where I'm from inside our room. We had to use pull out bed from couch and underneath the couch was kids cereal not belonging to my family. The room itself was was outdated and the carpet when walking on it would make your feet dirty. Old tile shower that calk job was in need of a redo. Breakfast was ok in the mornings. I've definitely stayed in worse but more importantly I've been in better and this one needs to be better.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Connie B, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

I would like to first, thank you for you for staying with us, and secondly thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues with your room, I assure you the items you brought up have been addressed, and we are sorry for the disappointment you experienced. Once again, thank you for staying with us, and for bringing these issues to our attention.
Connie B

Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

We had booked a block of rooms here for my wedding. I had booked a room for myself and my men. When I had checked into the hotel, I had told them I had three service digs and they told me no problem and gave me a magnet for the dpor that said dogs, to let rhe cleaning people know. The day after my wedding which was Sunday July 10, the staff was so nice in helping myself move into another smaller room for another night. They didn't have me take all my thinks out and wait till their check in at three. Instead they called me before check out and told me the room was read. They told me to call at 11 to see if they had a room or I was keeping the room I had. I did get a new room. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

I would like to say thank you for choosing our hotel, and for you kind words. I will definitely share this with the staff. Our goal is always for our guests to enjoy their stay, and we love it when they come back and visit us again. We wish you and your new spouse the best of luck, and hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again if you make future trips to the Dublin area.
Best Wishes
Connie & The Cloverleaf Staff

Reviewed 10 July 2016

We had plans to stay at this hotel on a weekend trip to visit friends in Columbus. Two days before the trip we learned our infant son had passed away at 19 weeks. We phoned the hotel 36 hours prior to check-in and were told they needed manager approval to cancel the charge. We have now, three days later, returned home from the hospital after delivering our dead child, and learned that Connie the general manager has made the decision to charge us several hundred dollars anyway. I can't imagine the kind of heartlessness that goes into a decision like that.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather H
joe b, SVP at Cloverleaf Suites Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Dear Mr & Mrs. Harper, First my sincere apology for your loss. We strive to provide first class servcie to every guest and I was disappointed to hear we failed to resolve the issue of your request to cancel your reservation in a timely manner. We did cancel your reservation and reversed all charges. It was not that we were not willing to cancel the reservation but due to the Advanced Booking Rate Plan you booked through it takes some additional steps to ensure this would be canceled and you not be charged.
Thank you for speaking with me this morning on the phone and your understanding as to why to took additional time to reverse the reservation.

Once again my sincere apology for the inconvenience and for your understanding and patience. Your family is in our prayers.

Joe Bryson SVP

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

I stayed there last night and awoke to a bed bug on my pillow! The maintenance guy who came was excellent and confirmed it was indeed a bed bug. He said to pack up and get out as fast as we could. The manager Connie that I spoke with was horrible. She lied to us and was extremely unprofessional. When we asked her for a report of the situation she refused. She said a professional company was coming to investigate the room but she would not provide me with when nor would give me the name of the company. Terrible experience. Spent the whole day driving around getting our clothes laundered and buying new clothes to wear. Do not stay here. Very dirty.

Stayed: July 2016
joe b, VP at Cloverleaf Suites Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Dear Christina, I was disappointed to hear we failed to meet your expectations with your recent stay. As to the complaint of Bugs, we have our property serviced by a professional pest control company weekly to ensure our giests have a clean room. Immediatly upon your information we contacted our service vendor and had them come out to inspect the room you had occupied and they found no evidence of any signs of pest activity in this room or any signs of pests. They did indicate that an insect/beetle/flying insect could have come into the room when the door was open but that there is no evidence that it was a bed bug.

As you are aware out of courtsey we did refund 100% of your cost and even provided a 50.00 allowance to have your clothing laundered as an added service. We want all our guests to bve 100% satisfied with our property.

We take our guests satisfaction as a top priority and do apologize that you had a issue while visiting us.

Regards
Joe Bryson

Reviewed 4 July 2016

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Their complimentary breakfast was good, with hot and cold food choices. They also had a complimentary happy hour Monday through Thursday. Enjoyed the pool and the hot tub, and we took their shuttle to the Columbus Zoo. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: There were 9 of us and they put us in adjoining rooms - just ask for their best fit for your group.