“It was acceptable for a night.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of 77 Inn & Grill

77 Inn & Grill
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Dover
Richmond, Virginia
“It was acceptable for a night.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

We stayed there one night this week. It was "okay" for the one night we stayed, but I would not want to stay longer than that. Our room had neither a microwave or a fridge, something that typically comes standard in most hotels within this price range nowadays. That was fine for one night, but would be unacceptable for a longer stay. The bathroom was very outdated and the shower was awful. I am not a tall person, and it was still too short for me. I couldn't imagine how a tall person would shower in there. The room was too dark, there was wallpaper peeling off the wall, and although we got a lot of channels, there was no point in watching them because the TV is as old as a dinosaur. The beds were only mildly comfortable, with cheap flat pillows. The towels were grey. Basically, the place is just old and not exceptionally well cared for.

On the other hand, it was at least clean. No mysterious stains on the couch, relatively dust free, and no bugs as far as I could see (including no bedbugs... and I ALWAYS check for bedbugs). My room, at least, didn't have the "mildewy" smell that some older hotels can get. There were good locks on the doors with (although some rooms still have the old regular "key" locks I noticed). And my favorite part was the "castle" theme of the room, which I got a kick out of. The area is also nice. The staff seemed pretty nice. And finally, there's a Bob Evan's right next to the parking lot... which is a good this because the free breakfast at the hotel is a joke. The food is awful and the toaster looks like it caught fire several times.

If I do get a manager's response, please please please just address this one issue. The kind of toaster you have is only like $15. Seriously. Just get a new one for God's sake.

Room Tip: I would say to just ask if you can see the room before you check in since there seems to be so much...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank S V
Anjum5, General Manager at 77 Inn & Grill, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Thank you for your review. It was interesting if not somewhat entertaining. In response I would like to say that we at Americas Best Value Inn value the opinions of our guests. For future reference we do offer Deluxe rooms as well as King Suites which include coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator etc.. You stayed in one of our standard rooms which was priced to fit your budget. As for the FREE continental breakfast, I feel you must be mistaken as we offer white & wheat bagels w/ cream cheese & jelly, cheerios,corn flakes, fresh fruit, oatmeal, english muffins,pop tarts, danish,orange juice, milk, coffee, and a waffle maker in which you can make a homemade waffle complete with toppings. Again, we appreciate your review but if you would have brought any legitimate complaint to our attention we would gladly fix the problem. Oh and I'm not sure what God has to do with the toaster but upon investigation i found it to be in excellent working condition. I see no reason to replace it.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toledo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

I just returned home yesterday from a trip to Amish Country. We spent two nights in a double-bed room with microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot. The room was clean and fresh. It was cold on arrival, but quickly warmed up with the heater. The continental breakfast was perfect. The waffles being my favorite part both mornings! Even the bagels and cream cheese, cold cereal and orange juice were great. The staff was very friendly and willing to ensure we had everything we need. The channel line-up on the list in the room was not up to date, but a simple call to the desk helped with finding HBO. It is listed as channel 11, but was on 21. We could have used more towels, but I am sure they would have been provided had we just asked. I would stay here again tomorrow and really didn't want to leave. Another note was that the pillows were not the greatest, but some people bring their own and I am sure we could have again asked for more, but chose not to. Overall, the location to Amish Country is perfect. It is centrally located to many attractions. You can be in the heart of it all (flea markets, shops, restaurants, mall, grocery stores and more) within minutes. I can't wait for our next trip! Now we know what things we want to see and do and I am sure my second trip to the area will be just as wonderful. I give this Americas Best Value Inn & Suites a 5 ranking, but they delivered on everything that was promised and it truly was a bargain rate!

Room Tip: Rooms in the building where the actual office and lobby are ideal since this is closest to the ice m...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anjum5, General Manager at 77 Inn & Grill, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Thank you Laura for the great review. We appreciate your honest and tactful feedback. It enables us to see where we need to make improvements as well as what satisfies the guest. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

My mom, aunt & I stayed in this location for a birthday girls' trip. Needless to say, we won't be staying here again. The heater in the room did not function well, there was a musty old smell to the room, the room did not feature amenities it was supposed to have per the reservation, the shower was in need of repair, we found gross things in the sheets, not just under the main comforter, the continental breakfast was simply a waffle iron that didn't function correctly, and the restroom in the lobby was broken for our entire stay. I enjoyed the local area, but will NEVER stay at this location again. For the few dollars we saved, we could have stayed at a much nicer location we found the next day...

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Anjum5, Manager at 77 Inn & Grill, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
We want to first extend out thanks to you for choosing our establishment for your lodging needs. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay.Our goal is customer satisfaction. That being said, had we known of your dissatisfaction with your room, we would gladly have given you a different room upon notification. We cannot correct a problem if we are not aware of it.

Travellers are raving about these Dover hotels

Beavercreek, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

My sisters and I stayed in what was supposed to be a "super deluxe" room.We called the front desk and asked where the microwave and mini fridge was that was listed when we booked online.The clerk said they do that online all the time and even though we had a printout they had no manager on duty to even hook up these amenities if they had a deluxe room available.(Which they didn't) My sister found an insole out of someone's shoe and dog hair in her bed.The continental breakfast was a basket with 3 apples,a small container of cheerios,a waffle iron,coffee,and in a small fridge was a small part of a gallon of milk and an even smaller amt. of juice.We paid $82.00 for this SUPER DELUXE treatment.The area was beautiful,but we will never stay here again.I'd rather sleep in my car and eat breakfast at a convenient mart!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Anjum5, Manager at 77 Inn & Grill, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
We at Americas Best want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Although booking online is very convenient, it is not always perfect. It is always a good idea to confirm your reservation with the hotel itself in order to ensure desired room amenities. This particular night our hotel was full and we were unable to give you a different room. We would have gladly reimbursed you had you made us aware upon check in. We appreciate your input on the COMPLIMENTARY breakfast. We have since added several additional items.
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

First off the rooms up front are very nice and clean but the kitchenettes within the back are a no go....Walls are gross,beds are sagging and bad,shower in our room leaked all over the carpet on the other side of the wall,carpet was sticky gross,musky icky moldy smell and mold growing on the ceiling and floor in a room that one of our coworkers was assigned,bathroom doors were split apart and furniture omg the cigarette cottons and bandaids and bottle caps we found inside and undernieth the couch...WOW!!!!!!
Not only did we get them more business the front desk man was giving out different rates to all of us...kept saying we got the special rate while he jacked up everyone elses for substandard rooms...especially for a older man who they put in the growing mold room!!!!if we wouldnt of went in there and noticed he could of gotten very sick but of course what do they care right!!!!
Once again just goes to show any of these motels that were probably nice at one time are now rundown dumps and the owners have alot to do with how they are ran and just how much they care by the amount of pride taken in the rooms!!!!!
I dont need an owner to come here and tell me that they are sorry for the inconvience especially since they have already spoke to us face to face upon us leaving!!!!!Nevermind saying this is false since we took many pictures to prove the damage for the price guaging!!!!No need to respond just fix the problem by soending some quanity time to make a quality motel stay for future guests:)

Room Tip: Check your room thoroughly before paying and stay away from the back kitchenettes until they are all...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Stiletto D
Anjum5, Manager at 77 Inn & Grill, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
We would like to thank you for your input and apologize for your inconvenience. I would like to respond first by saying that our rooms are priced according to accommodation necessity and room amenities. As with any hotel rates are also subject to change upon availability. You are right. We do take pride in our rooms and that is why we are continually updating them to meet customer satisfaction.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
0.4 km away
20.1 km away
The Wallhouse Hotel
The Wallhouse Hotel
#1 of 2 in Walnut Creek

Been to 77 Inn & Grill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK