“Dependably Excellent”

Ranked #75 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Carbondale, Illinois
“Dependably Excellent”
Reviewed 18 December 2011

As this is halfway between my current city and my distant home town, I have stayed here many times in the last 3-1/2 years. The staff is always friendly, the rooms clean, in great condition and fresh smelling. I really enjoy that dogs stay for free, with no deposit or fuss, and everyone is sweet to my pooch. I also love the free WiFi. You can't beat the location for restaurants, gas, etc. I highly recommend it as a great place to stay for a modest price.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Diane C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I traveled from Winston Salem, nc to Ohio to see family for the Thanksgiving holiday. They allowed me to bring my dogs and even gave me a box of dog bones for them. Every time I left the room, I came back to a clean room. The staff were great. I even got a great price for the three days I stayed there.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Katrina M
RedRoof009, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus West, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
Thank you for staying at the Red Roof Inn Columbus West. I'm glad you and your dogs had a wonderful stay. Can't wait to see you next time.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I was very pleasantly surprized to find the room clean and totally odor free.
Linen was clean and free of creepy cheap detergent feel. Bath room was clean.
It felt like a $80-$100+ dollar/day room, but at half that price.
I travel a lot and this location of Red roof Inn will be my regular stay spot when ever I am in Columbus OH. I've already made reservation for next week also.
Ace.Virginian

Room Tip: This location is 10Mi from Downtown, easy highway access . But the great thing is it has everything...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Ace_Virginian
Newark
Reviewed 23 September 2011

My wife, adult daughter and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn Columbus West - Hilliard on Sept 19, 2011. My daughter discovered at least one bedbug on her bed (Room 128) and other eggs or defacation on the bed. She reported this to the Front Desk but they told her the motel was booked full, so she moved her things and slept in our room (136).

The Front Desk later told me they'd gotten permission to offer her a larger room which wasn't being used because the tv was broken. However, she'd already moved to our room, so we declined. They did not charge us for her room.

Our room was OK, except for the presence of one large spider.

Room Tip: Check for bedbugs multiple times, early and late
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jessie S
I apologize for your experience at our Inn. We take all guest concerns very seriously, we have a third party company that comes in and inspects our Inn and takes care of our issues. I apologize we weren’t able to accommodate your daughter with a new room quickly enough. We hope you give us the opportunity to provide with you a better experience on your next stay.
Stephanie
Sharon, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel for five nights this summer. We knew that it was a budget hotel and didn't expect much due to the reasonable price. We were very pleasantly surprised. The upgraded room was very large, and the work space gave us plenty of room to spread out our food when we decided to eat in for breakfast. Having a small refrigerator was a great benefit, although we would also have appreciated a freezer. The ice machine wasn't working, so the staff got a cooler filled with ice for folks to use each day. The room was clean and well lit. We also appreciated having a sink outside of the bathroom. We plan to go to this inn again the next time we go to Columbus to visit our daughter and son-in-law.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple