Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel
US$ 132
US$ 119
US$ 210
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Port Columbus(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
US$ 102
Motel 6 Columbus West(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$ 70
US$ 161
US$ 146
US$ 105
Travelocity
All reviewsohio theaterthe club loungevalet parkingstate capitolvalet serviceroom servicewithin walking distancedowntown locationroom was spaciousfront desk staffbusiness hotelper daybusiness tripchecking outgerman villageshort northstayed one night
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square. I am hoping that the Sheraton is in the process improving and I just happen to stay before it was finished. There were some positives with the hotel. The room was relatively large. The desk staff was very accommodating. The breakfast in the hotel restaurant was very good: Eggs fluffy, light pancakes, etc. The public areas were very nice and clean. When we requested non-down pillows and comforter, they were brought promptly. Unfortunately, the Sheraton did not provide a consistently satisfactory experience.

While the room and bathroom were large, the hotel didn't attempt to decorate, to make the setting classier. For example, the room could have handled a sofa. Why not provide a flat screen tv (instead of the outdated medium sized one they used). More hooks or a shelf to hang towels were needed in the bathroom (since there adequate space for one), etc. I could not find venting in the bathroom. The carpeting was NOT clean. If you wanted to see something really frightening, you just had to look at the cleanliness of the carpeting around the bed. (I was plugging in an extension chord and had to look . . . ) There was a carpet stain in the center of the room the size of a dinner plate. We had several banquet room meals during the conference we were attending. The food was about average but I assume the staff was under-manned. Though coffee cups were on the table, we never received it and staff seemed a little too busy to be interrupted or reminded. I expect a consistently higher quality experience. Is this the kind of reputation the Sheraton chain wants? It's been many years since I stayed in a Sheraton and this certainly would not bring me back if I had a choice.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room facing the Capitol Bldg. Nice view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The Internet was terrible. I have had to reconnect at least 15 times in the two hours total I have attempted to do some research online. Resorted to my phones data plan to get a decent Internet service. The rooms were big and clean, but they have no pool, not much of a workout facility and offer nothing else really for the price of the rooms. OH, by the way the terrible Internet costs 9.95 for 24 hours and you have to pay for each device in the room. So if you have a laptop and your kids have an iPad it'll be $20 just to have shoddy service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Satarr
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I wasn't overly impressed with the hotel. The staff seemed to just be there for the check and the room wasn't all that clean. The internet was hit and miss and while trying to take a shower, it took a few minutes to get hot water. For the price, the stay could have been better.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Kary B
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Priceline told me that I 'saved 37%' with my bid, but this hotel would be overpriced if it was free. The bedding is soiled, there is years' accumulation of dust around the vent, and it generally smells like my grandpa's easy chair. So far during my two night stay, more than $400 has been 'fenced' from my checking account, and no one at the hotel will call me back or explain why. A sympathetic woman in accounting told me that "debit cards are confusing" and she can understand why I'm upset, but that the money will return to my account on checkout. I hope Sheraton uses my loan to pay for some upgrades.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Diane B
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Friendly staff, good location, walking distance to several good restaurants. The rooms are a bit outdated but large with plenty of room to move around. Bathrooms are also large with ample counter space.

On the down side, the only time I could find water warm enough for a shower was at 5:30am and mixed reviews of the on-site restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business