“Absolutely Disgusting DO NOT STAY HERE”

Extend a Suites Columbus Ohio
Ranked #101 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 8 August 2009

My husband and I came down to Columbus for the weekend for a military function. We decided to do it cheap the 1st night and stayed at the HOJO. Ok our room was 122 and it was absolutely DISGUSTING! There were ants crawling in the bathtub, a spiderweb over the lamp, the bed had hairs in it, there was a spider crawling across the ceiling, the bed was stained, the room smelled AWFUL, the tub was yellow, there were hairs in the bathroom sink, the office chair was stained, the carpets were dirty, and the wallpaper was coming off. WE IMMEDIATELY HAD OUR MONEY REFUNDED AND GOT OUT OF THERE. We have stayed in some bad hotels but this was def the worst! O and it was in a bad neighborhood.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank bebus243

Reviewed 22 May 2009

It is well priced for someone on a budget , but it is a no frills hotel. I have stayed here a few times, and will continue to stay. The staff is always pleasant and very accomodating.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank triplenickelColumbus
Reviewed 14 February 2009

I was staying for business, but trying to cut costs I opted for this hotel. I really wish I hadn't ! First night was awful, I was put in a second floor room with outside access to my room. The deadbolt was broken off, the window was screwed shut, carpet stained and the room smelled. I placed a do not disturb sign on the door in the morning and left for my meetings. Came back, my clean clothes were placed on the nasty chair! Bed was remade and my bags were unzipped! I went down and spoke to the desk clerk who didn't seem concerned and just said "oh my they need to learn how to read" She did find another room for me though. My next three nights were spent up on the 3rd floor with an inside hall, that was a little more secure. Upon entering the room it smelled awful! The curtain was partially ripped down and stained, the window wouldn't close all the way ( although it was nice to get fresh air!) the sink was clogged, the chair was so stained I wouldn't lay my clothes on it! Every night police were in the lobby and sirens going off constantly! My last night there Motel 6 down the street burned to the ground! The fire trucks were coming into our parking lot (assuming we were the ones on fire I suppose!)After asking the clerk if we should be aware of anything she stated " no, motel 6 just burned down, we are ok) I did call and ask to speak to the manager after my stay and she did return my call apologizing and issued a $25 refund which I feel should have been a little more! After staying at Howard Johnson in Orlando I didn't think this would be a bad stay. All I can say is that if you need a room even in desperation you might not want to stay here. Ohio resident

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rmdohio
Reviewed 20 May 2008

My husband and I went to Columbus for a two day music festival. We got to the hotel around 9pm and checked in. They gave me a room on the third floor and when we opened it the bed was not made and there was towels all on the floor. We went back down and they gave us a room on the second floor. The room looked fine when we got into it. However when we went to turn in the one double bed had stains on the sheets and dirt. We moved to the other bed and it was fine.

Day two we went out and came back about 1130pm that night. We got to the room and housekeeping didn't even stop by. We had no towels or anything. Went downstairs and complained. The clerk said that she is taken notes of everything because everyone was complaining that night. The next morning we got up and there was no hot water whatsoever to take a shower in. Needless to say we took a fast one just to get out of there.

The clerks were more than friendly. I think the sole problem with this hotel is the housekeeping. Housekeeping seems to fool around and just doesn't do their job. They are definitely bringing down what could be a nice budget hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 3 March 2007

We visit our son who is in school /living in Columbus, every couple of months. Visiting him is the objective of the trip and we spend little time in our room. This hotel fit our need. For the price we were pleased and we would return.The room was clean and convenient location. They also have a continental breakfast. There are nicer hotels (of course) in Columbus, so it depends on what your reasons are for staying.

Stayed: March 2007