“Fantastic staff and great hotel to stay when away from home.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Ranked #7 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Canton, Ohio
“Fantastic staff and great hotel to stay when away from home.”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed with my 7 month old granddaughter while my daughter attended a conference in Columbus. The front desk staff and all the employees where very kind and thoughtful in making us feel at home. This is a great hotel to stay at when in the Columbus area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Browns64
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Our team was so smitten by your adorable granddaughter, especially the housekeeping team!! It is our pleasure to have you with us! Hopefully we can have you again soon!
Deedee
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Orrville Ohio
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn before and this vista was just as pleasant. We checked in late after attending a Ohio State basketball game on December 22nd. Check in was painless as usual with Hampton's. The only issue we had was trying to get the door to open. After getting some help for the front desk we were in our room. The room was updated nicely and comfortable. In the morning the free breakfast was welcome before heading out to do some last minute Christmas shopping.
With all the other choices are the Polaris area the Hampton Inn is a good choice.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
I'm so glad you had a positive experience with us! Our location is a great way to stay close to the Buckeye games without being in the middle of the chaos! Thank you so much for sharing your experience here.
I hope we will see you again. OH-IO !!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel again. I have probably stayed here at least five times over the last three year years and now things are starting to really deteriorate. This is a fairly new hotel, but it is obvious that no money has been reinvested in the hotel and as a result, service and conditions have really gone down hill. For example, when I checked in, there was seven people waiting to check in and only one front desk person. It took me about fifteen minutes just to get checked in.

The front desk personnel were friendly enough, but evidently staff has been limited resulting in longer waiting for information. I went down to the front desk later in the night and the front desk person was engaged in a discussion with someone and I was unable to get her attention to ask a question.

The room was pretty standard for a Hampton Inn. However, I discovered that the bathroom was only contained one bar of soap for washing hands and taking a bath. Also, the shower was a stand alone shower. That would have been okay, but the shower head had come loose and it only sent out one stream of water. I am sure the hotel would have addressed this, but it was 6:00 AM when I discover this issues and I certainly did not want to deal with it in the morning. Surprisingly, the towels where worn and thin, certainly not up to the Hilton standard.

The breakfast was pretty standard, scrambled eggs and beacon, a variety of cereal. Nothing special! In fact, the scrambled eggs were severally over cooked, making them almost impossible to eat. Service was very limited, resulting in each person having to fend for them.

I was speaking at the conference center next door, so staying here was a good option for me. However, there are several full service hotels in the area and if one does not have stay in this specific hotel; I would recommend checking out other options.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank FLJ021251
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 10 December 2011
Hello FLJ,
I am so sorry that you had these issues during your with us. I am following up on your concerns right away. We do not ever want to provide this sort of experience nor leave this sort of impression with any guest during any stay. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to correct the this disappointing impression of our service and product. You can reach me at 614-885-8400.
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Easy check-in, check-out. Pool could have been a little warmer but, not too bad. Hot tub was awesome. Room was clean and met all our needs. Staff was very accomodating for a delayed check-out. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our daughter and son-in-law had a beautiful suite next to our room to accomodate the children.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thanks so much for taking the time to share you experience with us here! Our suites are a great option if you will be needing a micro wave and small fridge, as well as the extra space. I appreciate you sharing that tip as well.
I hope that we can have you as our guest again very soon!
Kenton, Ohio
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel while in Columbus for a family gathering. It was selected due to the convenient location near the Polaris Fashion Mall. This property certainly must be one of the best in the Columbus Metro area for service, cleanliness, and overall customer satisfaction.
Check in went smooth with the staff member asking me more than once if there was anything else they could do for me to make my stay better. We were with kids so the hotel gave us a few free power play cards with a $10 value to use at Dave and Busters at Polaris that evening.
Would recommend paying the minimal difference and booking a suite. Our suite was a double queen with a small livingroom area and kitchenette providing additional space you don't have in a standard room.
If you are planning a trip to Columbus I would not hesitate one bit suggesting you try the Hampton Inn and Suites at Polaris. We will definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite for more space.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family