All reviews the crowne plaza converted warehouse loft feel convention center restaurant downstairs small lobby breakfast buffet per night nationwide arena downtown columbus parking garage work space the short north area north market high street valet driveway
Reviewed 23 June 2018

The Lofts has a great Location for anything you are doing in downtown Columbus. Fresh clean look and friendly staff. The hotel was clean, great beds and quiet for a downtown hotel. Max and Erma's downstairs for breakfast

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank luv2stayhome2
Rebecca G, Director of Sales at The Lofts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for staying at The Lofts Hotel during your recent travels to Columbus! We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed the unique hotel and staff as well as our location! Please keep us in the mind the next time you are here in Columbus.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I'm really puzzled about the positive ratings for this property. First is the lack of security. No one is working at the desk in the lobby, no key card required for the elevator, and the front doors remain open at all hours. I definitely wouldn't stay here (as a female) if I were by myself.

The noise! Good heavens, the noise. We could hear every step the people above us made, loud talking and shouting till we hours in the hallways and in the adjoining rooms, and last but definitely not least: the construction. We opened the blinds to the window and literally 10 feet away was a construction site with a man welding. Thankfully the construction goes from around 7:30 am to around 4 pm, and we would have gotten up anyway even if it hadn't woken us up. But the other noise makes sleep nearly impossible.

The room itself it just weird. Super dark, only a couple of pendant lights. The tv is bolted to the wall with a giant wardrobe in front of it partially obstructing the view from the bed. It just seems like the Crown Plaza inherited an apartment building and has no idea what to do with it.

Positives: Location is good for the convention center. Nearby self-parking was reasonable at $12/day.

I've stayed in many other hotels in Columbus and recommend them all over this one.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie T
Reviewed 17 April 2018

As a Spire Elite Ambassador IHG member i have stayed in my fair share of hotels.
The Lofts appealed to me as it looked different and unique, so i thought id try something different and give it a go, but no no no, fail on IHG's behalf.

On arrival there is no clear signage on where to go. The doors to the place are not automatic, and there is no body around to assist, so with large bags and nobody to assist its hard to manage to get your doors inside. Once inside, there is a reception desk with a sign on it stating that the reception is unmanned and to proceed across the road to the Crowne Plaza hotel to checkin - you're kidding me?!

Checkin was easy, simple and straight forward. The room was paid in full prior to arrival so nothing crazy there. The guy then gave me my key card and pointed me to the incorrect lifts which after messing about on the wrong floor within the Crown Plaza i figured out what he had done.

I went back down across the road to the Lofts lifts, yes back through those twin double doors that are heavy and awkward to keep open, and into the lifts.

The lifts have no security, so anyone can rock up and head upstairs to any floor! Not good at all when you're staying by yourself. Poor security!!

The room i stayed in was rather large, spacious, which was a bonus, i liked that.
Mini-bar wasn't stocked, nothing in there, no cold milk samples either which some hotels do provide.
The room i stayed in, not sure about others, didn't have block-out curtains. So when the sun was up, the room was rather light and not dark at all.

I did order some food from the Erma place downstairs. It was nice, large portion and quick service. The lady was nice too!

The gym .. well the Lofts doesn't have one. It shares the fitness centre, the small gym within the Crown Plaza! Very small gym and doesnt cater for two hotels! It was busy, limited equipment and cramped! Poor again!

This is where the big fail and my big discredit the the IHG group as a whole comes in. I had a medical emergency on the Friday morning where i nearly called 911 within my room. I managed to get the medical issue under control after some time in the room and decided i need a doctor to attend my room asap.
Within the services directory for the hotel which is kept on the desk within the room it states to call down to reception if there is a medical emergency and they will assist, which i proceeded to do.
I informed the guy on reception that i needed a doctor to attend, whatever the price. His comment back to me was "we dont' offer that service, have you tried google?"
You're kidding me! Pathetic! Couldn't believe this was the service i got.

Bed was comfy, service terrible. No security in the lifts, and you have no idea how to handle a medical emergency if your guest has an issue!

Lift your game The Lofts / IHG!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank OzTravels80
Reviewed 29 March 2018

After traveling for 7 hours 2 friends and I arrived complete with individual confirmation numbers only to be told that they would not be able to check us in without the person who made the reservations.Too bad she's in a plane from Minneapolis and won't be arriving for another 3 hours!.After being told by the manager on duty we were told there's nothing they could d o.Now understand that we're not threatening by any means and all well over 65 but NO!!!!!.Their bar wasn't opened until 7,it's now 4 and pouring rain.Goodbye Columbus is right and goodbye Lofts hotel.

Room tip: Don't do it find another hotel.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank ROGERD013
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

My daughter goes to Nationwide Childrens Hospital, we had a couple days of appointments, and it was my husbands birthday so we made a trip out of it. The hotel is pretty cool. Our room was clean and very spacious accommodating her wheelchair nicely. Lobby was a bit tight to maneuver. Front doors are not automatic which made it a bit more difficult with her chair. Valet helped the first night. I loved the room. Love the hotel. Pictures are accurate. Our view was of the parking garage and construction next door. That would be the only change. I prefer a nice view. Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Rebecca G, Director of Sales at The Lofts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your recent experience. We are honored to be a part of your special weekend between hospital appointments and birthday celebrations! We will share your feedback on the lobby and guestroom views with our design team as we are in the process of planning renovations. Please think of us the next time you are in Columbus.