“Ultimate Romantic Restaurant”

Tony's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 2,322 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 3 January 2018

This was my first time at Tony’s. A coworker had told me it was a nice white tablecloth, special date, low-lights kinda place and that the wait staff were high caliber. However, I was suspicious of the review as my friend is approximately one hundred and forty-five years old, so the last time he went there could very possibly have been in 1974. The evening of of my date, I realized all my worry was for naught. The following is not a statement I make lightly. Tony’s Italian is the best romantic restaurant I have ever experienced. The food is fantastic. The candle light reflecting off the ivory colored plaster is enough put a Marine Corps drill Sergeant with a terrible toothache in a romantic mood. When I say that the wait staff was professional, I don’t mean that they acted professionally. I mean they were professional servers. It was easy to see this was not a gap-filler for our server, Mike, but it was his vocation. And he was at the top of it. The veal saltimbocca I ordered was tender, breaded with restraint, and perfectly seasoned. It was covered with fresh mushrooms and a beautifully bright marsala. My wife went with “Tony’s Own Fettuccine,” which was served with a thick alfredo sauce and generously stuffed with crab, shrimp and tender scallions. Before we talk about price, it should be noted that I am cheap. I have been known to empty entire boxes of produce at Aldi, so I wouldn’t have to by a ten cent grocery bag. It’s also worth mentioning that neither of us drink and we didn’t opt for dessert. That being said, even I was shocked when we left the restaurant after paying $40.74 plus tip. Whaa??? Is this the Craker Barrel? Maybe one of those hidden camera shows? Nope. It’s my new favorite place.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

We went with a group of 6 for a birthday celebration and really enjoyed the location and place. The food was just OK tho. We had for appetizers scallops and calamari which were not very tasty. Then each of us ordered something different, mainly pasta (lasagna, tagliatelle, Italian soup..), which again were just OK. I was however surprised with the price, which did not match with the food quality.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

It's worth going to Tony's for the Roman Bread appetizer alone, but you also can't miss on any of the entrees. My wife and I both had the veal saltimbocca the evening we were there, and it was perfectly cooked, in a heavenly mushroom and Marsala wine sauce. All entrees come with a salad, linguini, and bread with a delicious herb butter. Along with a good bottle of wine, what more could you want? Wonderful food, beautiful dining room, and very reasonably priced..

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Tony's is a great old standby. The location is great for many night time activities. Good selection, Fine service. Make sure you order the Roman bread

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Last Saturday night my wife and I went to Tony's, a place I had wanted to try for a very long time. I don't know why I waited so long. Everything was great. Seating was a breeze as the place was pretty empty (Hey, all you weekend hipsters crammed into Marcella's doorway waiting for that table you reserved 30 minutes ago...give yourself a break and come to Tony's). The food: Appetizers were outstanding, I had the oranges, which were different and a great light lead for my pasta dinner. My wife had the calamari which was in a delicious red sauce, NOT BREADED AND FRIED. My wife had the salmon entree, which was cooked to perfection, I had the fettuccine which was also cooked to perfection, the sauce was light and filled with seafood...great dish. Wines were at a fair price and the service was as good as you get in any high end joint in Columbus. Desserts (tiramisu, lemon cake) were also great. There are a lot of decent Italian restaurants in Columbus. Tony's is among the best, and at a fair price. Will definitely return.

1  Thank AMagone