“Noisy,slow service,excellent food”

Tony's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 2,478 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 13 July 2017

We did not have reservations,but were seated as promised within 20 minutes. The restaurant was very noisy and the service was slow,but otherwise excellent.
The Veal Piscatti was very good and my wife said the Chicken Marseille was also very good. The prices were good. Because of the loud noise and very slow service, I would rate as 5 stars instead of 4.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Tony's is a bit of an icon near downtown Columbus. It has been around for over 20 years and is consistently good. The Roman bread is quite tasty and their unique choices of appetizers like the marinated artichokes and red peppers or the sliced oranges with olive oil just add to its mystique.

Their fettuccini and their lasagna are fantastic and this night I had the salmon special which did not disappoint. We ended with warm carrot cake which was so moist & a delicious tiramisu.

The service is wonderful, they have limited parking in the back & an outdoor patio. They also are unique in the fact that they have a private entertaining space upstairs for those special occasions complete with its own bar and seating space for about 60 people. Great spot!

1  Thank lhamdog
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Our annual pilgrimage to Columbus, Ohio, for the Capitol Half and Quarter Marathon began today. We booked seating for 25, Tony's easily accommodated all of us with amazing service.

Brook seated us immediately, took our drink orders and her timing was fantastic. All our drinks were cold, our food hot, and delicious. Managing 25 people can be difficult. The staff at Tony's did not skip a beat. Thank you.

Please try the Italian sausage entree, it was delightful. For my main course I had the Lasagna and my wife had the fettuccine madonna, both were fantastic.

Looking for good food at fair to good pricing? Come to Tony's. Amazing food, good portions, at good pricing.

1  Thank benny63ralston
Reviewed 22 March 2017

One of my favorite locally owned spots where the food is always good and the staff is always attentive. Great for an intimate evening or a afternoon lunch hour from the court house. Tony is usually at the door to greet each patron and to oversee his proud accomplishment in the food industry.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

We happened upon this awesome restaurant as it was close to our hotel. What a find! We have about 15 men, ages 21-65, who loved this place! The food was great; high quality. The prices were mid-range. The dessert was to die for! The service was friendly, fun and quick!

Additionally, little touches were great. A friend had a cell phone that was dying. No problem! "Give me your phone and I'll charge it while you eat." When a friend spilled some red wine on his clothes. "No problem," and a spray of wine out (I think that was the name) and the wine was cleaned.

White linen table clothes and napkins...but a casual dining experience.

Did I mention the desserts were awesome???

What a gem!