“Wonderful pasta. wonderful ambience”
Review of Giuseppe's Ritrovo

Giuseppe's Ritrovo
Ranked #111 of 2,339 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2017

We love walking in to a restaurant full people enjoying a good meal. Giueseppe's was definitely one of these. Recommended by Ron at the Hawthorne B$B, it really is wonderful Italian restaurant. We shared a caprese salad and the spaghetti with fresh clams - and would order both if we returned. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

They had cleaned the softshell crab in my pasta dish--it was the special. Yuk, a mouth full of gills, which pretty much spoiled the rest of the meal. A nice setting and good service. Good wine selection. Please--have a conversation with your sous chef.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Recommended from a friend who lives in town . We were in Columbus for the weekend . Super friendly host , that's always a good start ! Sat outside on a beautiful evening and enjoyed pasta, chicken , salads and bread . Our server was attentive and friendly .

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

In town for grandson's JV baseball game. My husband was hungry for hot soup. Tried Zoe's down the street but they were closing early. So went here. Excellent server. Got the chicken soup, large salad we split. I got spinach lasagna, made with white sauce & covered in red. I would ask for more red sauce next time was excellent. Husband got spaghetti & meat balls. He is picky on meatballs & he liked these. We drove separately or I would of had a glass of wine. We were in jeans & sweatshirts & they treated us great. They did not prejudge us. Small place but was nice for us to unwind for the evening. Highly recommend. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

5 of us dined early on a Friday night. The service was very good. The waitress knew her menu and made good recommendations. I ordered the lobster bisque. I'm not sure what type of lobsters were used but the colour of the soup was way too red and the bits of lobster in the soup were clearly not fresh but out of a can or were some kind of processed product.

I followed that with the soft shell crab special served in a lemon butter sauce with vegetables. Ummm, I know as an Australian we are used to much fresher, cleaner styles of cooking but this dish for me was soggy and sad. The crab was overcooked and the shell was soft and soggy instead if crisp and crunchy. There was a tiny serve of mixed julienne vegetables and the sauce was just oil and garlic with no lemon at all.

My husband however ordered the veal and mushroom pappedelle which he said was delicious.

Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing.