“Fantastic hotel experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Chipping Sodbury, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We were in Columbus for a convention and the staff at the Drury were unbelievably helpful and kind. The staff helped me bring things over to the exhibit hall and dealt with UPS for me after I checked out, shipping my items for me. The evening drinks and food (complimentary) were a great opportunity to network and speak with other guts, and the complimentary breakfast was great. This was my first experience at a Drury, and I will look out for them in future. There is nothing that could have been done to make our stay more enjoyable. Five stars!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Erika B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Aurora, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Upon arrival, found that the non-smoking room that was reserved was not available. Offered to find a room at another location. Woke up the next morning (7:00 a.m.) go to take shower and there is no hot water. Was told that a boiler was broken and in the process of being repaired. Head over to the hockey game and return back to room around 4:00 p.m. and room had not yet been cleaned. Hotel staff was very apologetic offered a free night stay and free parking for the troubles. Kept saying that they were sold out....excuse???

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Linda M
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I appreciate all of the guest feedback I get as it helps me to constantly evaluate our procedures and product to insure that we can deliver what we promise. I value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved.

I apologize for the problems that you encountered regarding your non smoking room not being available when you arrived, the mechanical issues with our boilers and your room not being cleaned as timely as you would have liked. Typically we do not have these problems. I’ve always believed that a good judge of a company’s service philosophy is not if they make a mistake, but how they respond when they make a mistake. While our goal is to have everything perfect for every guest, every time, I am aware that we will still have some opportunities to get better along the way. My hope is that we are able to do something to “make it right” with you before you leave.

While I understand that we cannot change what happened or your memory of it, I was happy to see that we refunded one of your two nights’ room charges as well as your parking.

I appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can help you in any way.

Hospitably,

Scott Bosak
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Very clean. Very comfortable room. Great staff. The food was ok, but everything else was great. Will stay here again. We were in for a hockey game at Nationwide and this place was the perfect place to stay. Best price and within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2012
Carol Stream, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Rooms are nice, great free breakfast, and in the evening there is "kickback" time which includes three free drinks and hot snacks. You could make a meal out of the choices which are different from day to day. The rooms include a small refrigerator and microwave at no charge. You can walk to the convention center without going outside. Be sure to have your room key handy; you'll need it to unlock the door when returning to the hotel from the convention center. You also use it for access to the garage, and to the elevator when going to floors where hotel rooms are located. Nice security feature. If you have a problem, the hotel addresses it quickly. I have stayed here three times now, for an annual convention I attend.

Room Tip: Some rooms have an interior view of an interior courtyard, which I found a little strange since you...