Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center
Ranked #86 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Queens
“SCAMMERS!!!!”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I booked this hotel for a stay from September 30 - October 3 for the price of $446.75. After doing some research I found a cheaper hotel for half that price. I cancelled my reservation at the Holiday Inn on September 9. On their website it clearly states that you must cancel within 48 hours. I clearly cancelled with MORE THAN enough time. On September 30 I was charged $83.19. I called to find out if there was some sort of mistake and I was told that because it was a discounted rate I could not cancel without being charged for the first night. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!! DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS HOTEL. They are scammers and just looking to rip off the consumer. Needless to say I disputed the charge.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
12 Thank jenn1314
holidayinnexpress06, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Dear Trip Advisor Team,
We have done extended reserch on this review and we do not have a reservation that match this review.
We would love to get more infomation on this so we can further review.
Thank you .
Nalini Agashi.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 September 2011

The hotel smells newly built, good location and friendly staff, overall stay was EXCELLENT! The bed is very comfortable. Hotel is ideal for family travelers. The hotel location is close to the freeway and downtown Columbus.

Room Tip: If you are travelling solo, ask for King Size Bed upon check-in otherwise the standard room for this...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
holidayinnexpress06, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center on tripadvisor.com.

I agree, our beds are extremely comfortable and I'm glad you were able to enjoy not only a wonderful, but a great nights' sleep! I will certainly share your comments with our entire team!
Thank you for your kind words. We pride ourselves on GREAT customer service and it was our pleasure having you as a guest.

Thank you for being our guest !

Nalini Agashi
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This hotel is fantastic. great location , close to downtown and ohio state univ.. lot of good eating joints. right next to highway.
The staff is friendly and takes care of your needs.
Overall excellent place to stay if you are travelling to columbus

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
holidayinnexpress06, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
We appreciate the time you took to write this wonderful review! I am excited to share your comment with the entire team.
We are min away from The Ohio State University, close to the beautiful campus and Buckeye football, and close to Columbus, finest restaurants.

We are very appreciative of your business and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Nalini Agashi
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Me and the wife &kids have stayed there twice I would recommend this hotel.once for the AAu baseball tournament only 8minutes away from fields.very clean only set back that I found was if you want breakfast you must be early riser it stops at 10:00.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank velfroh
holidayinnexpress06, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
We are glad to read that you did enjoy your stay with us. We are, however, sorry are sorry that you were not able to enjoy the great breakfast we have to offer. We do allow guests to have anything after hours upon request. We would like to personally thank you for your review. With your help we can better serve our customers like you in the future.
If there is anything we can do to make your stay with us in the future please do not hesitate to contact us directly 614.263.7725.

We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 8 August 2011

The rooms were ok. Nothing to brag about. No towels. No phone. Housekeeping was very friendly though.
The only great thing about the hotel was that I could open my window and hear Brad Paisley sing on stage at the Crew Stadium next door.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
holidayinnexpress06, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, 10 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so very sorry to hear of the several problems that you encountered during your stay.
I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally about your experience and can be reached directly in my office at 614-263-7725. Again, my sincere apologies

We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.