“O-H-I-O!”

Ranked #4 of 55 Bakeries in Columbus
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We heard about Buckeye Donuts on our local tv news in Phoenix. One of their reporters was visiting Columbus and did a short story about the place. Once I saw the Buckeye Donut, I knew I had to try one. So while visiting Columbus recently we stopped in and got a half dozen of various donuts- they were all great! The Buckeye Donut was very rich and tasted just like a buckeye candy. Staff was awesome! Very friendly:) You gotta stop in!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I read the reviews first but decided to try the donuts out; the cake donuts (red velvet and chocolate) were too heavy and way too sweet). My 19 year old liked his maple bacon donut and both my boys got steak breakfast sandwiches which were actually dry burgers on Texas toast. It cost $26 for two "steak"sandwiches, 3 donuts and 4 small drinks which seemed pricey for the quality.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Meaning, a full 24-hour day of donuts. All day. All night. I have to imagine that's fueled to some degree by the proximity of the place to OSU (as in, across N. High). That said, in my past few trips to Columbus it has become my favorite donut place while there.

To those who say "okay" or "nothing special" all I can say is this - it's a donut shop. Nothing pretentious. Not glamorous. No cutting edge, trendy stuff. Donuts. They do donuts well here. No doubt there are those that are better (I mean, there are...I've been to several), but these are really good. The size is right - not tiny, artsy things or monsters. Good variety of flavors.

Like most places, some of the names are particular to the region, I guess. For instance - what the heck is a bismark? Well, it's a long john. or a crueler. Call it what you will, I'll take the maple bacon bismark anyday. Two full pieces of bacon - none of those bacon bits here...and it's filled! As of today this is my go-to favorite here. There is also the Buckeye, which is named after the toxic nut of Ohio. Or maybe the teams of OSU...but then again I guess they are named after the nut, too? Anyway...it's a peanut butter and chocolate filled donut that seems to be pretty popular. Me? It's okay. I'll take the maple bacon over it.

This past trip I tried out some of the breakfast options. Okay, I tried one, but had it a couple times. For a donut place, they do a nice bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on a variety of platforms. of course, they don't do one on a hard roll for us northeastern types, but the sandwich is hefty and filling. Had mine on a plain bagel and it was wayyyy better than the one Dunkin' Donuts passes off on us. I heard people say the coffee wasn't good but I liked it fine. The staff has always been upbeat and friendly.

Parking on N. High Street is pretty much horrible. Hit it at the right time and there are a few metered spaces in front. Easier to do is park on E. Woodruff (which puts you next to the Dunkin' Donuts for all you Boston folks) and then walk the short distance to Buckeye Donuts.

Oh...and they have a sweet neon sign. You really just can't go wrong with neon.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

A great Ohio State Campus tradition. Good donuts made fresh on the spot. Good coffee. Friendly staff. The parking has improved making it easy for those who have to drive there.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Finally tried Buckeye donuts a recent trip to Ohio State. Good donut options, great atmosphere. Student staff very courteous and friendly. If you need a sugar fix in the morning, you won't go wrong with Buckeye Donuts.