“An amazing hotel experience!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport
Ranked #10 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Beavercreek, Ohio
“An amazing hotel experience!”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Since we are frequent Columbus visitors, this has become one of our favorite places to stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful....the rooms are clean, spacious, and very comfortable. The ambiance of this hotel is modern, warm, and has excellent facilities for anyone....weddings, business clients, travelers, groups in town for sport tournaments or just individuals or families in town to be together. The evening reception is wonderful....friendly staff serving up beverages and setting up wonderful snack options. The breakfast at the hotel is amazing...there are buffet items and you can also special-order omelets and pancakes. Just need coffee and a muffin or other breakfast bread? There is a little coffee place right there too. This hotel property is very accessible to the airport, as well as some of the major roads in Columbus. Minutes from downtown and OSU and other college campus areas.

This is a great Columbus hotel choice!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Dirk B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Embassy Suites Columbus Airport and thank you for review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back to the Columbus area. Safe Travels!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Rockford, Michigan
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I just returned from my fourth stay at this hotel, and every stay has been very good. Newer hotel and it seems extremely clean, modern, stylish and creates a nice atmosphere to relax after a long day of work. The room has a nice layout with seperate sleeping area, living room with nice work desk, and bathroom. Everything still seems brand new. (2) large flat screen tv's (I think they were 48") were very nice. Staff was always very helpfull and welcoming. Overall another great stay. I would rate this hotel excellent (instead of very good) except they still think they need to charge another $10 a day for internet, that really bothers me. I would recommend staying here. The airport is very close by but I never have heard any noise from the jets taking off or landing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BigDaddy3859
Dirk B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location, amenities and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the cost of our wireless internet service. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Regards,
Dirk Bengel
McCordsville, Indiana
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Trip Advisor rated this hotel as #2 overall In Columbus OH. This hotel certainly deserves a good review from my experience. I requested and received a handicap-accessible room, near an elevator, which I received (#522). The shower was roll-in shower designed for wheelchairs. This is also good for those of us who use canes and walkers too. There is no tub wall to trip over. The room would have been large enough to turn a wheelchair around in both the bathroom and the living area. The two room suite also included a small microwave and a small refrigerator. However, there is no silverware, so bring your own plasticware. The queen beds were quite comfortable and I liked the pillows too. The living area and the bedroom area both have the same size/same brand TV in them, and the remotes worked for both when you couldn't find one or the other.

I requested various items through my stay such as more cups, more towels, more shampoo, and my requests were filled. I also follow a policy of tipping every day and leave my requests written down with the tip. Works every time for me. My room was always very clean.

The breakfast bar was quite nice. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits, and so on. Fruit and yogurt, donuts and danish. .Four kinds of fruit juice. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Made to order omlettes, There were waffles but they were not the "make your own" waffles--but at least they were available. The staff were pretty good about cleaning up the tables. Overall the breakfast experience was excellent.

The manager's reception is every night but mainly for adults. Beer, wine, and soft drinks are complimentary (but I tipped the bartender). The only downside was that the snack menu never changed--it was always chips, salsa, guacomole, sour cream, cheeses, and fruit. On the upside, it was always excellent too. A change of menu might have been nice but the quality was always good.

The pool and jacuzzi area was always clean and always stocked with plenty of large, soft towels. I was surprised at how nice the towels actually were.

The front deak area was helpful and fast. Other Embassy Suites employees greeted me as I came and went and asked if I needed help. I was pleased that the staff was well-integrated--Black, White, Asian, Latino--and they all presented and handled themselves well. I do wish the high speed internet was free, but supposedly there is free wi-fi in the lobby area. I did not use it as I had my own wireless internet.

Room Tip: I was in a room next to an elevator, which overlooked the from entrance, and yet the soundproofing p...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Thank you for the positive review of the Embassy Suites Columbus Airport. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. We look forward to being your host when your travels bring you to the Columbus area.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Have had two one night stays at this hotel as my senior high school son prepares to attend nearby Capital University. Our first stay with the three of us was pleasant and we picked this hotel based on Trip Advisor's reviews. The suite was comfortable. The only odd thing was the towel arrangement: the rolled towels are on a shelf on the far side of the bathroom sink, away from the shower and there are very few hooks to hang these cloths upon once used. More hooks or a towel rack would be a nice addition to the spacious bathroom. The place was very clean and the beds very comfortable.

For our second stay, the four of us (our daughter was with us this trip) arrived with an ice storm about to begin. That Friday evening there was a happy hour, so we partook in the cheese, fruit, salsa, & chips with a glass of pinot noir. The dining room waitress asked if we would be eating dinner. After a discussion about the icy weather, we opted to do so. We were told that there would probably be a delay in the food. There was a large party just being seated, so about 15 diners were ahead of our order. It took over an hour for the food to arrive, however, we were compensated appropriately for the long wait, so we were only mildly upset. The waitress should learn to be more specific about how long the wait might be and check in with her customers every 15 minutes or so with a food update or an offer of more bread. After dinner while watching TV, we kept a blanket over us as we couldn't quite figure out how to get the heating duct to blow warm air toward the couch (the next day we figured out how to turn the heat up higher). The next morning my son had to be at Capital University by 8:30am. We had breakfast slightly before the generous breakfast buffet (breakfast is included) was officially open and were leaving the building at 7:50am, when an employee at the door suggested that he would clean the ice off our car and warm it up while we ate breakfast. This is the wonderfully pleasant surprise part of our stay! This offer was certainly going above and beyond. We turned down his offer, but when I returned from dropping my son off at the school, that same man was cleaning ice off a car and had it running for someone else. Talking about an outstanding offer. We will, of course, stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at The Embassy Suites Columbus Airport. I do apologize for the delay in service in the restaurant and do agree that your server should have given you a better time frame with the delay. It is from comments and feedback that we receive that we are able to make changes to our service and product.
With your son attending Capital University we look forward to being your host when you come for visits.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The service, the happy hour, the room, the breakfast leave nothing to be desired. It is modern and a nice place to go to for a weekend getaway. Restaurants are nearby.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dirk B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you found your experience to be a great weekend getaway. We look forward to being your host for your next getaway.

Dirk Bengel