All reviews rooftop pool aveda products valet parking the concierge lounge nice hotel bathroom door per day valet staff hotel bar business travel short north enjoyed my stay bed was very comfortable the room was nice arena district latitude wedding
Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

I’ve spent several nights in Columbus however this was my first time at this hotel. The hotel was good. A typical renaissance. Concierge lounge was average. Hotel restaurant was very good. Room was near and clean. I would probably stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Nice clean and tidy property. Right in the downtown and pretty close to many places you may need. I loved the bed and the sleep quality. Higher floors have some great views of downtown.

On the flip side , I found attitude of service people rude at times. Didn’t feel warm at all and had cancelled future reservations due to poor service. For example, I requested for cutlery in the room for dinner and it took 4 phone calls and 70 mins to get them. Had they set the right expectation, I would have gone to the restaurant and got it myself. However was tight on time and trusted the operator on the call.

1  Thank Bihadi
Ricardo A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2018

Good Afternoon Bihadi,

I would like to first and foremost thank you for staying at our property and for your feedback in regards to your recent stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the less than perfect service you experienced from our staff. in an effort to improve our services I would like to request more details about the incidents. Please feel free to reach out to me via private message.

I look forward to your response.

Kind REgards,

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Just came back from a business trip and spent 2 days at this property. Very clean, great customer service. The bar was fun and laid back. The breakfast buffet was good. The gentleman working the hostess stand yesterday morning was so polite and went out his way to get me a coffee to go. He was sweet. Wish I could remember his name. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 26 October 2018

I stayed here for (3) days while attending an industry conference which was held at the hotel. I had a standard king room. The first night, I noticed that there was no soap or shampoo after I had disrobed for a shower. Fortunately, I always carry extras. The next morning, I asked one of the staff for some additional towels and some toiletries. When I arrived back at the room at the end of the day, my room had no been made up, and there were no towels or soap. I tried using the Marriott app this time to request towels and toiletries. When I came back from dinner that night, I did find towels and toiletries. At the end of the second day. I came back to my room to again find it not made up. I called and requested more towels and that my room be made up. After dinner, I came back and nothing had changed with my room. This continued the third day as well. At the time of checkout, my room had not been made up once during my 3-night stay. Check-out was easy--I used the app. The only service that worked well was the valet. Overall, the service at this particular Renaissance was the worst I have experienced at this chain. I would not stay here again; there are many better choices in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ChrisF5375, Senior Manager - Room Operations at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Dear AM1898,
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel and for providing us feedback on your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear about the challenges that took place with the servicing of your room. Maintaining a fresh and comfortable environment within our sleeping rooms is one of our top priorities and I sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting that expectation. At your convenience, could you please contact me so that I can gather some additional information pertaining to your stay? I would like to use it as a learning opportunity with our team. Once again, thank you for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Columbus.

Reviewed 24 October 2018

very accomodating. lovely room the staff were truly "At Your Service" A special shout out to Kevin Egan for doing an outstanding job. I would definitely recommend this hotel for vacation or business travel!

Room tip: rooms facing west
Date of stay: September 2018