“New Casino at Scioto Downs”

Eldorado Gaming Scioto Downs
Ranked #40 of 154 things to do in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: Ohio's first Racino, Eldorado Gaming Scioto Downs offers over 2,200 of the world's hottest games in a 120,000 square foot facility that NEVER CLOSES! Enjoy live harness horse racing every May - September and simulcast wagering year-round. We've been bringing harness racing to the community for 58 years! Looking for evening entertainment? Visit the Veil Bar, in the center of the gaming action, or Brew Brothers, featuring meals, music and microbrews every Friday and Saturday night for live local and regional bands. Visit our website to see what national entertainment we have every Spring/Summer live on our racetrack.If you are hungry you can visit one of the many dining venues at Eldorado Scioto Downs. Enjoy the Dash Cafe for a quick lunch, or take in the 7 station Grove Buffet for dinner. Want a dining venue where you can see all the live harness racing? Make a reservation in the Clubhouse which puts you in front of the racing action with an upper scale experience.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The machines are all new of course because the racino just opened in May of 2012. Everything is kept sparkling clean. The buffett was super. The prime rib melts in your mouth and the desserts are probably almost illegal they are so good. The best thing about this casino is its location. It feels like it is out in the country. But it is only a couple of miles south of Columbus on RT23. It feels so "safe". Everyone is very friendly. My family and friends have all had a great time there.

5  Thank RavannaMoe
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Eldorado Gaming Scioto Downs

Reviewed 21 August 2012

I went to the racino on August 11 for my sister's birthday gathering. We had a great time! I had dinner with my boyfriend and one of my besties at the Clubhouse in the horse race area. The food was not bad. I mostly enjoyed being able to watch the horse races that we were betting on from the dinner table while we ate. Then we played slots with my sister and her friends with free money given to us by the casino. We were all given $25 to $30 to gamble and I won my free money back. I walked out with $25 that I didn't have before I got there. That isn't much but I was happy. I will return in the future even if just to have dinner at the Clubhouse or have drinks in their lounge. They have live music in the lounge.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Scioto Downs has grown from just a horse track to a destination worthy of making the trip. I bet you will really love the new Scioto Downs.

1  Thank Donald45601
Reviewed 16 August 2012

After reading a few reviews, I was leary of trying the new buffet at the Scioto Downs. Four of us ages 58-80 ate on Wed. August 15, While a couple items were not real hot the food was rather pleasant. The salad bar could use some access improvement for reaching the items, but was delicious. Dessert was delicous. Staff very nice. We tried a variety of foods and had no problem. We ate an hour after it opened. Wed. is senior discount day for $9.99 which was a plus. The casino itself is gorgeous. We had more fun than at the new Toledo casino. Plus, comments about tight machines. I played pennies at 80 cents a pop and took home an extra $100. My cousin played Quick Hit penny slot and won clost to $800. We were happy and will most definitely go back. Go Columbus

1  Thank raejae_12
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Went to the casino for the first time last night. Decided to try the new buffet. What a great big disappointment. The salad bar is set up so weird, that you almost have to stick half your body under the cover in order to get to the items in the back. Wait let me tell you more. The so called buffet was definately nothing to brag abouit. Food was luke warm, and I tried many items from the buffet, thinking that maybe I was just being to picky, but I can honestly say that I wasn't. After tasting many of the items, I decided that I had had enough. The only thing on the whole entire bar, that had any kind of good flavor to it was the pizza. Big disappointment. I could of gotten a better meal at a fast food resturant, at least it would of been hot and had good flavor. Way over priced too. They should be arrested for charging that price for what they call good food, Save your money. The only bright spot was the fact that I won back almost all of the money that I spent trying to eat what they consider good food.

6  Thank Michael B