“great place to stay”

Ranked #18 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
columbia,pa
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

was a little bit away from where our convention was, however, it was an easy 10 mins drive to where we needed to go. very nice hotel and the staff was superb.. we had a late check in and the staff was great.. if and when im back in ohio, i will deff stay here again. kudos!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank hmm641hmm
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 June 2011

My wife and I often stay at Hampton Inns and generally have found them clean and pleasant. The Trabue Road branch is an exception. We changed our travel plans at the last minute and booked here because the location was convenient, but without reading the comments on TripAdvisor -- though that might not have made any difference, as most are positive. On entering the lobby, we were struck by a strong smell of chlorine: the pool is near the entrance, and visitors had tracked wet footprints into the hallway and elevator. The desk attendant took my details and credit card with hardly a word spoken, as he was on the phone the whole time. If I had had a question, I would have been out of luck. When we got to our "non-smoking" room, there was a distinct smell of tobacco, and on checking for signs of bedbugs (there were none) I found bits of tobacco leaves in the carpet. I also noticed dried food under the furniture, and even a tennis ball in a corner! We skipped the free breakfast, so as to get away from the smells as soon as possible. Since there are many other hotel options in this area, we'll certainly stay somewhere else if we're ever passing this way again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank calcifer02
Redding, CA
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Nice motel, clean, good breakfast. Close to freeway on West side of Colombus.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doolittlespots
OHIO
Reviewed 27 March 2011

58 yo medical professional who has traveled the world with the family. and I mean the world. Asia, Europe, N. C. S. America, Islands, and this is a first!!!!!!
My wife and I made reservations to stay at the HICW. We had our 3 year old grandson with us and our arrival was guaranteed by CC days earlier with the request of a.) back of hotel away from glaring lights and no elevator. We booked this hotel so we could take the grandson for a dip before bedtime. So, first we checked out the pool, which seemed clean but chlorine smell was very (+3) strong
and this burned MY eyes. The GS has asthma so we nixed that idea and told them what we thought.(1) We proceeded to the room which was located exactly where we asked not to be (front of hotel/ directly across form glaring merc-vaps.(2)
We have been here for 15 mins now!!! When the toilet would not flush I called the front desk and asked for a plunger as it seemed to be only clogged. (i even volunteerd to use it)(3) I figured my wife and grandson are exhausted and we'll get this fixed and forgetaboutit. I did take the time to complain about the above (smell, room locationn, stupid toilet) when the desk jockey simply say " I doubt we have any room here that would make you happy, I suggest you and your family leave" "I'll be glad to make a reservation for you somewhere else". WE HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 20 MINS NOW!!!! It's late we're tired and this jerk is throwing us out? Well I've done Hilton's my whole life but no more. This was not just insulting and inconveinient it was stupid. BTW my whole family and practice group have sworn off all Hilton properties now. Too many other fine, not so overpriced, quality hotels and chains are out there to be used.

Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank gastum
Olathe, KS
Reviewed 13 January 2011

My client suggested we stay at this Hampton Inn, so that's where we stayed. It was very convenient to their facility, which was nice, and convenient to a Walmart, fast food restaurants, and some chain, sit-down restaurants. It's also right off the highway, and not too far from downtown and the airport. Nothing was overly outstanding or special about the hotel and room, but I also had no problems with my stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business