“Gross and terrible service”

Red Roof Inn Columbus - Ohio State Fairgrounds
Ranked #112 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 8 September 2017

went here a few times because it was close to what i needed to to be and was cheap. The staff is terrible about communication so i was overcharged twice on two separate occasions. bounced my bank account both times so i was stuck out of town with no money thanks to there carelessness TWICE. it was impossible to communicate with the staff. This last stay i got woke up by pounding on my door from the manager saying that i needed to get out because checkout was at 11. Well i had two nights so they woke me up, drug me to the front desk in my PJS for nothing. I was not really amused. i was less amused when i saw that she charged my debit card twice when she shouldn't have charged it at all resulting in a NSF fee from my bank.

The room itself is OK. not great. the tv dosnt work very well but the bed and wifi are passable. My room smelled like dog pee and the bathroom was gross. i had not been clean one of the times since there was hair all over it and wet towels and the guy looked at me like i was nuts wanting the shower to be cleaned. I just didnt shower that trip.

If you go here pay cash, your own water and some bleach. or just avoid like im doing for the rest of my time here. awful service.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night at this hotel. I think this hotel needs total renovation.
Bathroom tub had rusts, sink had multiple cracks and continuous dripping faucet.
Check-in and out personnel were okay.
Not sure if they had complimentary breakfast, because I checked out at the crack of dawn.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I can't believe Trip Advisor endorses this place. The pics posted online look like a totally different place. It is so rundown, and disgusting, falling apart outside. In dire need of maintenance, remodeling and cleaning! Hoped I didn't get some disease. Did not sleep good - Very questionable neighborhood - wondered if my car would still be there in the morning. Only good thing was the Mexican restaurant across the street - delicious. Will not be trusting any Trip Advisor endorsed places in the future.

Stayed: July 2017
JagpalN, Owner at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Ohio State Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Sorry for your inconvenience sir but we have started construction on the exterior of our property and I would like to invite you to come and see the finished product in the coming few weeks, we are doing new landscaping,painting,etc. there will be a huge difference. Also our room are newly renovated.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Also stayed here 1 year ago ,same time period and nothing has improved. Outside maintenance terrible. Weeds and trash everywhere.Automatic door at top of HC ramp hasnt worked for a year.Main entrance door works fine but has 3 steps to enter. Handrails at both doors have been cut off and not replaced. Ice mach.still leaks water onto motel floor as a year ago. Day clerk nice but late night guy is useless.Only cold coffee that brewed all night. Room was clean ,everything worked in it. Internet was good.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Sorry for your inconvenience but I would like to let you know that I am the new owner and would like for you to come and see the property in the coming few weeks we have started construction on the outside and I can promise you that there will be a lot of changes in the coming future and we are working to further improve this property.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

As of the day of my visit, the hotel had been under new management for 2 days. We had absolutely no complaints during our stay. Beds were comfy, rooms were clean and everyone I came in contact with was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is also located in a very central location, great for visiting downtown. This hotel is nothing fancy, but it works great for a weekend trip. We will stay here again if we come back to town.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends