“Just book it.., it checks all the boxes”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ms b
Cannon Beach, Oregon
“Just book it.., it checks all the boxes”
Reviewed 21 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

I had so much to do during a recent return to where I was born I needed a place, (I'm in my 60's) that was safe, convenient and comfortable for an almost 2 week stay. My old neighborhood has changed for the better as there are now, IN WALKING DISTANCE, a CVS, restaurants (eatery guide is at the duplex), bakeries, pubs, wine shops, theatre, and yes, even the library, every box was checked for having anything needed to make this a comfortable stay. The location is perfect for getting to a mall if shopping is your thing, the Clinic, or interstates as I needed to get so many other places. One major thing for me is QUIET and this duplex and area really checked the box there. I got the sense that the area is now mostly rentals by young professionals, who come and go during normal hours, I didn't experiences any streets disturbances (car noise/radios), I truly mean there was NO noise. The other building tenants came and went, I might have heard them once or twice during the 10 days but there was no building noise of any nature. The unit gave me a comfortable space to work, relax, have family and friends over and everyone enjoyed not being crammed into a room or in a hotel lobby. The kitchen was available, I DON'T COOK WHEN TRAVELING, but is a plus for longer stays. The bathroom and bedrooms were fine. I liked having an extra bedroom in case my elderly family needed to rest or even stay over if need or to have a place for our newest addition to nap if needed. Neither needed but still a great option. Check in and check out are easy, Brooks is very available if needed for anything rental connected. He responded very quickly to emails. One great plus for long term stay was having a washer/dryer. The wifi worked with no problems. So I came, got everything done and left with no interruptions. This is a great option for future use, I'm making sure that my friends and family know about this as I'm sure there will be sometime down the road that a stay might be needed and Brooks, having multiple units available, makes the possibility of having a unit available when needed, possibly on short notice, likely. I know finding this type of rental was NOT easy so I won't have to take the time or energy to go through this again, a huge relief!

texasdaug...
College Station, Texas
“Perfect location for comfort/ recovery while at the Clinic!!!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We booked this apartment for 10 days while my husband was being seen at the Cleveland Clinic. Brooks meet us at check in which was very comforting to us. He showed us around the apartment, checking to be sure the stove top lite properly and being sure we knew how to work the washer and dryer. The apartment was very comfortable with all the basic essentials in it. We at one point did as for a few extra wash clothes so that we didn't have to wash everyday and Brooks stopped by and brought more THAT evening. We appreciated how the apartment seemed to be decorated very intentionally to create a peaceful place to recuperate. There was just enough added to the apartment to where it felt homey but not so much that it felt stuffy. The spend a LOT of time out on the porch. It felt very secluded with the way that the plants had grown around it and we really enjoyed watching the birds & squirrels. We even saw a doe & her 2 fawns walking through the neighborhood one day!!!!! We enjoyed our stay so much that we ultimately booked to stay at 2 more of Brooks' properties for the remainder of our stay in Cleveland. Brooks will be my first call if we are ever staying in Cleveland again!!!

Word to the wise- I couldn't figure out whether I would share this or not but figured that it might be of some importance. This is an older home and this is the bottom apartment with 2 above it. There were multiple times where we could hear the neighbors 'moving the furniture' around at night. Which was fine until we got a neighbor that 'moved furniture' loudly and for long periods of time which I could see would be bothersome to some. Had my children been with us on the trip it may have led to some rather interesting conversations.....

Fitone10
New York City, New York
“Cozy, spacious accommodations”
Reviewed 2 March 2016 for a stay in December 2015

My husband and I spent several days at Oak 1 while visiting family at Christmas. The suite we stayed in is located in a quiet neighborhood, close to shopping, movies and restaurants.
We had the whole first floor of a 3-story house, with two bedrooms, spacious kitchen/dining area and large living room. The suite is IMMACULATE and offered two essentials for us as well: a well-equipped kitchen and strong Wi-Fi signal!
Brooks and his wife were both there to greet us and attended to every request, including providing a tea kettle instantly and restoring the Wi-Fi signal when it was briefly interrupted one night. We can highly recommend this lovely landlord couple and the properties they manage.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Brooks and his wife bend over backwards to please!
Liked least: The porch and front entrance of the house need to be updated.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Julia B
Wasilla, Alaska
“Would stay again”
Reviewed 22 February 2016 for a stay in November 2015

My husband, son and myself traveled from Alaska to the Cleveland Clinic for my husband to have open heart surgery. I needed a place for us to stay for close to a month. Needless to say I was very nervous renting a place to stay sight unseen in a city none of us had ever traveled. We rented the Kensington apartment from Brooks and his wife and we couldn't have picked a better place or better landlords. They set us completely at ease and were willing to help us in any way they could (even printed out tickets to see the Browns play the Cardinals!) If we needed something they were right there to help us in any way they could. The house was more than comfortable and the neighborhood was so quaint and felt very safe. If we ever had to return to Cleveland for anything I can assure you that I would only book a place that Brooks owns. Thank you again for all that you did for us!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
egreenhou...
Albany, New York
“Great stay and space near Cleveland Clinic”
Reviewed 7 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

My husband and I rented this apartment for his upcoming surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. We both wanted some extra room and more of a homey feel in the days leading up to the surgery and I wanted a safe and comfortable place for when I would be returning from the hospital in the evenings. This house/apartment was just what we were looking for! The owners met me (hubby was in testing) the day of check-in, helped me carry bags in and showed me the space and asked if I needed any recommendations or had any questions. They were so nice and said they were just a phone call or email away should we need anything, they even checked in a couple days into our stay to make sure that everything was to our expectations - you hardly get that kind of attention in hotels these days!
The apartment is in an older home so it has all the charm that old homes do - great wood floors, spaces with lots of character, and a clawfoot tub!! It is evident that the owners took time to paint, decorate and appoint the rooms so you'd be comfortable in the house. It had a nice big kitchen with attached dining area and a big living room with super comfy leather couches and a recliner...this came in handy the evening my hubby was released from the hospital and needed to get some rest before we traveled home the next day.
As for the area around the house/apartment - there are a bunch of restaurants within walking distance (like 5 minutes walk) and the food was good (Stone Oven being one of our favorites and was also recommended by the owners, Lopez, Anatolia Cafe) and we felt totally safe walking. Just up the road a short drive, was another good restaurant, Melt, and just past that some shopping centers that included Whole Foods, Target, a great TJMaxx, and others. The house has a garage parking spot too which is awesome for winter weather.
The distance to Cleveland Clinic is accurately estimated on the apartment listing - about 7 minutes (if you don't hit traffic in the morning, which I'd say would push it to 10 minutes). It is an easy drive and there is a Bruegger's Bagels and Starbucks on the way too and from the clinic so that's an added bonus!
Overall I would highly recommend this place and these owners if you are looking for a stay that gives you room to breath, is comfortable, and close to dining, shops, and hospitals. If we return to the area we would definitely rent again!

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing