1,259 results
All reviews urban farmer rock and roll hall executive club front desk heavenly bed lake view convention center valet parking within walking distance room service walk in shower football stadium beautiful hotel hall of fame first energy stadium valet service nice stay
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

This is the first time we stayed at a Westin Hotel. We planned on staying two nights for a body building competition; however, the minute we walked into the hotel to check-in there was a problem. First the hotels credit card machine was not working. Then, once we arrived in the room the first thing I do is to check the cleanliness of the room and beds. I pulled the bedcover down and saw a nasty stain on the sheets. (See photos). One positive was the cleaning supervisor was very apologetic and rectified the situation immediately. After that incident we realized that the refrigerator didn’t work, dust inches thick on the phone, a dirty desk chair and the ice bucket was filthy. To make matters worse there was only one used roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. My daughter had to go downstairs to get extra toilet paper. When she stopped at the front desk the women at the desk asked her what she needed without even looking up from the computer. Talk about rude!!!! At least Latoya and the manager were very helpful and apologetic to our situation. We decided to leave once the toilet began running nonstop. Manager Mr. Grant refunded our money and apologized. I hope this is a valuable lesson for the staff.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Vivian511
Ryan B, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Dear Vivian H,

Thank you for the feedback. I will be sure to review with the team. I was glad to see that Mr. Gant reacted promptly to your feedback and refunded.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

A Big “Thank you” to Danyelle Rodgers at the Westin Cleveland (sorry for the delay in posting this). Danyelle went above and beyond in helping us. We first met in the executive lounge and she helped us right off the start… let’s just say she should be a Concierge. First recommending Urban Farmer (amazing food) and then some other restaurants around and about, all of which were very good. Danyelle was working the wedding and again went above and beyond making sure all went well and all were happy. There was about 100 of us staying at the Westin for the wedding (Sept. 1st) and all had a very nice experience. Thanks to all.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ryan B, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Albert S, thank you for sharing the kind remarks about Danyelle. I will be sure to share them with her. We hope to welcome you back to the Westin soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I was thrilled with my experience at the Westin. I stayed here for my wedding (which took place at a different venue) but they could not have been nicer and more accommodating. We had a room block here at a great rate and all my friends and family were pleased with their stays. The rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. Very clean. Only criticism is that the fancy showers leak quite a bit so the floor can get very slippery. The bellhops were very attentive and kind, taking extra care with all of our items. When we were leaving they had even packed up my whole car for me before I could even get outside! Would definitely stay here again!

Dear mnolsnj,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is great to read that our team was friendly and accommodating. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

We hope to welcome you back to the Westin soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

I was here for a 2 night stay attending a convention at CCC. The room was very dusty.
The toilet seat was falling off as one of the screws is missing. Wall paper is falling off the wall, room was very dark and the carpet was very dirty. As for sleeping I did not get much, You could here every door in the hall open and close. At time the headboard would move when someone opened the door. We did not have guests on either side of us so it seemed odd. The location is OK as down town has a lot of beggers and transients at time I felt uneasy with my wife. I prefer to stay elsewhere next time Im in town.

Room tip: Go to the Hilton
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank annamariasunset
Ryan B, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear annamariasunset,

I have sent you a private message to continue the conversation. We hope to welcome you back.

Be Well,

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

From the 20th floor of the Westin, gazing out at a brilliant orange sunset over Lake Erie, overlooking First Energy Stadium and the R&R Hall of Fame, you get a sense that all is right with the world.

The hotel was made to impress groups-- be prepared to run into them: business convention goers in dark grey suits, post-festivity wedding guests with their bow ties hanging crooked, fans in the home team's colors enjoying some playful taunting in the elevator with their visiting counterparts, etc. Our room was clean and comfortable-- a few chips in the barn-door bathroom entrance the only noticeable flaw, perhaps the work of well-libated sports fans, wedding guests or conventioneers. Good location near all the major downtown arenas and places to visit. This will be tops on the list next time I come back to Cleveland.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ryan B, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear FamousOriginalBob,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent experience here at the Westin. We look forward to your return soon.